Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joel

Reddish face while on regimen

Does it ever return to your normal skin color? I've been using BP for about 3 weeks.

I'm using Cetaphil moisturizer day and night.

Maybe I could apply aloe vera gel nightly as a substitute for the Cetaphil?

may be you started the BP too heavily? I started mine like may be half the toothpaste on a toothbrush size...and had no problems...start slowly and your skin will build tolerance towards harsh BP i would reckon..

My problem area covers my entire face... I HAVE to use a large amount to even get coverage (2 fingers worth)

I seem to be getting less red slowly... but someone said they staid slightly pink for a long time. I was wondering if it happened in everyone.

I got some Vitamin K cream that’s meant to reduce redness. I’m not sure that it does, really – though I know some people on the board have reported good results from it - but it doesn’t do anything negative, and the one that I got is slightly tinted, so you get more natural skin tone.

But as I just posted on another thread, around week three was the worst for redness for me, your skin is probably still getting used to the BP. I’m at the end of week five and the redness and stinging that I had is getting less every day; in fact, hardly noticeable now.

Well how did you lose it?The redness and stinging?And what guideline do you go by as to how much BP you started to take after week 3?

I have fair skin, freckles, blue eyes, burn in summer, and found the redness quite disappointing when I began the regimen. Since I had been using Neutrogena on theSpot up to then (but incorrectly) I just upped the amount when I started the regimen, and also used the Eucerin AHA moisturiser day and night. After a while I switched to Eucerin at night only and Neutrogena Oil Free moisturiser by day and this has made a positive difference for me. I also bought Maybelline Everfresh foundation and also Revlon Colorstay STAY NATURAL foundation and applied a little just on the reddest areas after the bp and the moisturiser.

I started the Dan's regimen a week ago and I'm having the same on and off itching/burning sensation. I have oily, olive complexion skin so It's pretty hard to get my skin this dry. I'm trying to keep my hands off my face which is part of Dan's Regimen.

My sweet boyfriend got me 2 Burt Bee's gift sets for Valentine's day after my Murad ordeal sent my skin into a tailspin! I'm not planning on incorporating any other product until I give Dan's regimen the 3 month minimum but I broke down and added Burt's Bees Wild Lettuce Complexion Soap for dry and sensitive skin. It's 95.79% natural and all it has in it is aloe vera and wild lettuce. It lathers instantly in your hands and the lather is super soft. My skin just says ahhh! I've posted this on a couple other threads because I'm so impressed. It gives my skin a break even if it's just for the time I'm washing it. Since aloe vera has healing properties and is natural, I don't see how it would hurt the regimen. I use this 1st before using the Cetaphil Wash, BP, and Cetaphil Moisturizer steps.

I was red for a while, but it faded eventually. After I got mostly clear, I was able to only do the regimen at night, not in the morning, so I didn't have to go to school looking very red.

And catlover, isn't Burt's Bees stuff the best? I use the Garden Tomato complexion soap for oily and troubled skin, and it's such the best! I would recommend it to anyone, it's not drying at all if you're an oily one like me and it lathers up very nicely. I've been using it for approximately three weeks now and it's definitely improved my skin clarity. Probably the best soap/cleanser I've ever used for my face!

Aerobunny,

Sorry, I don't know how I didn't get notified of the next post on this thread.

>>>And catlover, isn't Burt's Bees stuff the best? I use the Garden Tomato complexion soap for oily and troubled skin, and it's such the best!

Yes, Burt's Bees products are outstanding! I was wondering about the Garden Tomato soap....I'm getting some today on your recommendation!