Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellonoobz

Question on BP amount

Ive been wondering this for awhile now....

I'm on the regimen, started about 2 months ago and I'm seeing great results. I'm very happy I did it. I'm upping the dosage slowly like Dan recommends until I get to the point where I'm using 2 finger fulls.

Ive been to quite a few derms, when I say quite a few, I mean I've racked up a nice bill from all of them. I always mentioned this regimen to see what they thought, but was always afraid to try it.

Now to my point, all of the derms I mentioned it to gasped when I said about the 2 fingers full. They said there is absolutely no reason for using that amount of any product on your face. I got the same response every time, A small amount covering the area is more than plenty, no need to overdo it.

I dont understand this?? Dan says that the reason BP doesnt work for many is that they dont use enough and yet all these professionals are telling me theres no reason to? Why is it that you need more for it to work?

Ive been wondering this for awhile now....

I'm on the regimen, started about 2 months ago and I'm seeing great results. I'm very happy I did it. I'm upping the dosage slowly like Dan recommends until I get to the point where I'm using 2 finger fulls.

Ive been to quite a few derms, when I say quite a few, I mean I've racked up a nice bill from all of them. I always mentioned this regimen to see what they thought, but was always afraid to try it.

Now to my point, all of the derms I mentioned it to gasped when I said about the 2 fingers full. They said there is absolutely no reason for using that amount of any product on your face. I got the same response every time, A small amount covering the area is more than plenty, no need to overdo it.

I dont understand this?? Dan says that the reason BP doesnt work for many is that they dont use enough and yet all these professionals are telling me theres no reason to? Why is it that you need more for it to work?

Re-read the instructions, it says 1 finger full of BP, not 2.

2 is for the neutrogena other stuff as stated ;) - Re-read it :)

If you're using a BP that dispenses from a tube with a bigger hole (like Dan's gel or most prescription BPs), you only want to use one full finger on your face. If you're using a BP that dispenses from tube with a smaller hole, like Neutrogena On-the-Spot, then you want to use two finger-length squiggles all over your face as the full amount. Also, you're using 2.5% BP, whereas most BP prescriptions are for 5% BP so you'd only need half as much to have the same amount of active ingredient.

You want to use the smallest amount of BP that you can that will still keep you clear, basically. If you're really using two finger lengths of Dan's BP, then you should back down to one finger and see how well that works after a few weeks. I'm not sure why derms are telling that more isn't better. To some extent that's true, I mean, before you're used to BP, you definitely don't want to use too much, and even after you're used to BP your skin might still be dry and red if you're using more than you need to stay clear. But it's silly to deny that more BP won't help you clear up more, I think, so I'm not sure what your derm is thinking.

Thank you, I actually have re-read it, and I do believe it shows a picture and states 2 fingers full. Im using the nuetrogena so thats why I would be using 2 fingers full.

Thanks kim for actually answering my question. I didnt understand that either. They told me that with any medication, SA, BP, GA you only need a thin layer nothing more, that a thin layer will work just as well as a thick layer. Thats what I didnt understand because a lot of people dont see results until they up the dosage.

Thanks for the answer :)