Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoCold

Indigestion, bloating, burping 1 hour after every meal.

What's up with this? For atleast the last 6 months I have been having this problem. No matter WHAT I eat, no food is safe. I've even tried completely avoiding liquids 30 minutes before and after. Nope, no difference. :( After every meal, whether really small or a decent sized meal, 60-90 minutes after I get the worst indigestion and this feeling in my throat like a giant burp is coming up. It is incredible, and it lasts for like 30 minuets and is a real pain. It makes my chest ache sometimes.

Does anyone know what's going on?

I've been taking Betaine HCL capsules before and after meals, but those are not making any difference.

I am really desperate to solve this problem.

Thanks for reading.

Well, there are many possibilities. The first I think of is an ulcer; there are others I shan't mention as I don't wish to alarm you. You really should go get checked out; that type of indigestion can be a sign of worse things. Please do get it checked out.

Wynne is right. You really need to get it evaluated by a professional. It could be also be gastroesophageal reflux, a hiatal hernia or gallbladder disease (not necessarily gallstones), BUT could be something really serious, too. If it hasn't responded to over-the-counter medications or diet/lifestyle changes - it's time to get some diagnostic testing done.

Wynne is right. You really need to get it evaluated by a professional. It could be also be gastroesophageal reflux, a hiatal hernia or gallbladder disease (not necessarily gallstones), BUT could be something really serious, too. If it hasn't responded to over-the-counter medications or diet/lifestyle changes - it's time to get some diagnostic testing done.

Ever tried digestive enzymes? I take Betaine HCl as well as plant-based digestive enzymes with every meal and this has helped tremendously.

Also, I dramatically modified my diet to avoid certain allergenic and/or tough-to-digest foods such as wheat, gluten, most grains, dairy, sugar, eggs, etc. and I haven't felt better since. You may have some underlying cause as the above posters mentioned or you may in fact be consuming too many difficult to digest foods and your body is reacting to them.

OMG I HAD THAT EXACT SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME !

Seriously. It lasted from October to December.

I ended up seeing a naturopath that cost me 200$ and she told me to follow a hypoallergic diet and then to start re-introducing foods slowly afterwards to detect possible mild allergies or aggravating foods.

I did that (and BOY it was hard to follow that diet, you couldn't eat ANYTHING NORMAL ! )

Found two things: CANNED FOODS HURT MY STOMACH! Especially soup.

I also found that STRESS was a MAJOR factor. I had just moved out recently and was balancing 4 jobs. During Christmas, I returned home and within the first week, my stomach pains completely went away.

So.... lemme tell you: stress is probably the biggest problem here.

You could look up a hypoallergic diet and try that as well.

Seeking medical advice can help too, just make sure you fix the root of the problem!

Stress wise, exercise and fixing the thing that was bothering you in the first place is the best thing.

Hope that helps! I know it was REALLY bothering me for a LONG time. It goes away, and then you feel great.

SoCold since you haven't posted anything I'm guessing the doctor said there was nothing wrong :)

I had the same problem a while ago and found out I was lactose intolerant :P The standard test is to drink milk on an empty stomach and see if you get any bloating/gas/diarrhoea/stomach pains.

Give it a go it might just simply mean eating less dairy ^_^

Same problem here...initiated after a Raman noodle snap. Looking around the web, I have seen other instances involving Raman...and now soup here.

It only just started for me (2 days, every meal), and I have no professional opinion to offer, but this sort of thing has happened to me before. Here's what I think...

I agree strongly with the stress assessment. Last time it these symtoms occurred I was a very stressful period on the road consulting and now, with a start-up almost out of cash, job worries are again a major factor

I think that there may be an allergic trigger, probably something that cheap canned or dried soups contain. The allergy most likely sets off some sort of inflammation response in the stomach (as bacterial infections, thus inflammation, also can cause these symptoms, along with others.).

As far as cure....no idea. I pop a Zantac 1 hr before meals, and drink a lot of water. Seems to lessen things a bit, but does not solve problem out right. I will not be a good scientist and test the Raman theory, so I will just avoid it. Ultimately, until the stress goes away, I doubt the issue will complete relieve itself.

Good luck

This turned out to be caused from eating to many fruits and not enough high fat/protein foods like beef, venison, dark chicken and turkey, and salmon.