Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ninjazx

Does Exercise harm acne redmark Healing?

I usually exercise/weighttrain 3 or 4 times a week and I thought I noticed my redmarks getting better, but it seems it just fluctuates from week to week in redness so I dont know whether exercise irritates redmarks or not.

Exercise will make red marks heal faster.

Due to increased bloodflow, the redmarks may appear darker after a workout, but that should fade.

IMO provided you're getting a good diet and taking in some anti-inflammatory foods exercise should benefit your red marks, but like the above poster said initially after a work-out they may seem even more red but this should subside.

IMO provided you're getting a good diet and taking in some anti-inflammatory foods exercise should benefit your red marks, but like the above poster said initially after a work-out they may seem even more red but this should subside.

I agree with the above posts as well. It's natural to look red or "flushed" after a heavy workout, especially weight lifting.

However, what are specific anti-inflammatory foods?

I agree with the above posts as well. It's natural to look red or "flushed" after a heavy workout, especially weight lifting.

However, what are specific anti-inflammatory foods?

Things like omega-3 oils, dark pigmented foods (green, yellow, red, orange, blue, etc.), and lots of spices and herbs have anti-inflammatory properties. In particular, I'm a fan of ginger.

A lot of it is also avoiding potential inflammatory or allergenic foods (excess omega-6, grains for some, dairy for some, sugar, eggs too for some).