Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarcrash

Acne.org was hacked last night?

I was wondering what happened to a bunch of messages that I read yesterday. The vast majority of them are gone.

"rumor has it ..the forum was hacked BIG TIME last night. It sucks." - Blythe

Can anyone from acne.org confirm or deny this?

Can the messages that I and others posted be retrieved in any way?

Hey Scarcrash, How's it going?

Yes, the forum was hacked into. When I got up at 5:00 this morning and went in there was a crayon or marker drawing of the twin towers with smiling faces, hugging each other with a big red heart in the background and people falling out and a smiling airplane with the words, "I've fallen for you." I e-mailed Wynne and she e-mailed me back and said, "Don't worry, the site is down :)". Then, when I went back about 15 minutes later there were other shocking pictures underneath it as well as a thread which was mostly nonsense. I posted an answer to you on the Plazen thread also.

It was a real eye popping way to start the day...

I was wondering what happened to a bunch of messages that I read yesterday. The vast majority of them are gone.

Approximately 24 hours of postings are gone for good. I hear the the Gallery will soon be back up again; nothing was lost from it. I'm moving this to announcements and feedback.

Hey Scarcrash, How's it going?

Yes, the forum was hacked into. When I got up at 5:00 this morning and went in there was a crayon or marker drawing of the twin towers with smiling faces, hugging each other with a big red heart in the background and people falling out and a smiling airplane with the words, "I've fallen for you." I e-mailed Wynne and she e-mailed me back and said, "Don't worry, the site is down :)". Then, when I went back about 15 minutes later there were other shocking pictures underneath it as well as a thread which was mostly nonsense. I posted an answer to you on the Plazen thread also.

It was a real eye popping way to start the day...

Em...Yesterday when I clicked on the message board a pop up opened up asking for my username and password, it looked a bit off but I typed it in anyway, and it didnt work.

So I was just wondering did everyone get the same thing I did or am I going to be screwed by some hacker who has my login password etc?

Em...Yesterday when I clicked on the message board a pop up opened up asking for my username and password, it looked a bit off but I typed it in anyway, and it didnt work.

So I was just wondering did everyone get the same thing I did or am I going to be screwed by some hacker who has my login password etc?

I don't know the answer to this yet, but if I were you, I'd change my password.

The same happened to me. I must have tried 20 times, thinking i screwed up my password.

Then I thought..oh..oh..wtf. I must be suspended or banned :shifty: ..lol

okay, looks like it's nothing to worry about .... real maverick says it's something the admins put in place to keep the hackers out while they fixed the board.

still, for complete peace of mind, you might want to change that password anyway.