Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alona

My Regimen Under Stress

First off I would like to say I have a huge interview on Friday morning! If anyone here is of the praying type please do me a favour and pray that I do well in my interview.

I originally applied for this job in October, when I found out I qualified and have been waiting, patiently, for word about the position. Well I finally have an interview and I'm sure by tomorrow I will be freaking out. This is a HUGE deal for me, and a huge oppertunity. This will allow me to rise within the ranks of the US Government from measly bean counter and auditor to something great!

My current regimen is wash with head and shoulders twice a day, then I apply moisturizer and them clinomyacin gel. It's working very well right now, but I'll watch closely and give a report on how it works through the rest of the week while I freak out. Wish me luck!

Good luck! Clindamycin is a really good antibiotic for mild-moderate acne. I've been having a lot of luck with it, so I hope it keeps working for you! How long have you been using it?

Oh, I've been using the Clinda gel for a long time, I've been through 2 big tubes. It works best for me with something to help it out (head and shoulders shampoo right now). Strangly it seems to work better the less of it I apply (rather than slather it on), weird. I just got off the phone with my Doctor to talk about azeilic acid (Finesia). I've used sample and my skin seems to like it (unlike pretty much everything else). I might be pregnant so I can't use any retinoids. Thanks for your well wishes!

Good luck and I'll pray for ya :) Don't stress, you'll be fine. Are you taking the antibiotic gel because you didn't like the way the mino made your tummy feel? I was thinking about that myself because the way the mino makes me feel. I have to constantly eat in order to not feel like I'm going to throw up, so I'll probably gain 20 lbs. too, great. My daughter is using an antibiotic foam called :) Evolclin. :) because she's a little young (13) for oral antibiotics. Anyway.....hang in there I'm sure you'll do great :)

I started using it when I got pregnant, it was OBGYN approved and my OB is pretty strict.

I did talk to my Doctor about the Finacia and it's a no go :(. They don't make a generic and my insurance won't cover it. It was going to be $99, so they ordered me some Glycolic acid for $14. :lol:

I know precisely what you mean about seeing your regimen under stress:

Been house hunting and looking at 4 different places and about 8 different banks. All of which rejected me until the very last one.

Had my stepdaughter for an entire week while normally we only have her 2 days.

Huge Xmas party

Huge fight with significant other

Waiting for a whole week to see if the bank approved the last place I applied at. (Because of the holidays we applied on the 23 and didn't find out until the 28th and we had to tell the real estate agent by 4pm that day on the 28th if we could do it otherwise we had to pay a penalty fee)

Found out we got the place (YES!) then realized we have no moving boxes

Current landlord showed up saying since we were not buying the current place he had to show it to other people, of which 7 of them were coming in 3 days so we had to clean like mad

My mother tells me my grandfather is loosing the battle with diabetes and probably won't live out the year.

And now, I'm sick and PMS is about a week away

I feel ya on the stress hon. But surprisingly my skin is doing pretty well. I've been downing water and White Tea like a madwoman. That helps a lot, plus sleep.

I was going to ask :o how is your skin looking after all that?!

Things are looking pretty good for me, surprisingly. I have 4 new little biddy whiteheads at the very bottom of my jaw and that's all.

First off I would like to say I have a huge interview on Friday morning! If anyone here is of the praying type please do me a favour and pray that I do well in my interview.

I originally applied for this job in October, when I found out I qualified and have been waiting, patiently, for word about the position. Well I finally have an interview and I'm sure by tomorrow I will be freaking out. This is a HUGE deal for me, and a huge oppertunity. This will allow me to rise within the ranks of the US Government from measly bean counter and auditor to something great!

My current regimen is wash with head and shoulders twice a day, then I apply moisturizer and them clinomyacin gel. It's working very well right now, but I'll watch closely and give a report on how it works through the rest of the week while I freak out. Wish me luck!

Yes, it's just the shampoo, no conditioner added. It contains Pyrithoine Zinc which is antifungal (there's the dandruff part) and antibacterial. I assume that's why it's working, but it seems to have cleaned out all my pores and folicles too, because I have no clogged pores. I'm just having trouble with my jaw, which I think is from hormones :( , but my face is way better than it was a month ago.

good luck with your interview and congrats that you've made it this far. i'll pray for you. :)just try to take it easy.... i'm doing dan's regimen and wen through a pretty stressful time through christmas, and i was surprised when my dad told me my skin looked really good for how much stress i'm under. (unfortunately, my dad hasn't been very supportive through my acne struggle.)

Today is the day; I didn't sleep more than an hour last night, I'm very anxious (though I always am about things like this). My acne is looking pretty good still. I have a few extra whiteheads on my chin, and 1 very small red pustule, but it's no big deal.

Well, I had a bit of a hard time over the weekend. I picked :( and I guess that opened my skin up to irritation. Though I think I've been having some type of allergic reaction to something. My face/neck has been itchy and red, I took benedril before bed last night and it's all gone today... weird, but that is my crazy skin.

The interview went great, I'm just waiting to see if I get the job or not. :lol: