Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smc0617

eye shadow shading

a quick question to all you makeup pros out there. when you're applying eyeshadow which shades do you put in crease, middle and upper? i always get confused and end up just putting it on which ever way i feel like. the other day i was watching one of the soaps and the actress had her eyeshadow applied so nicely. any tips? thanks.

I use a base colour for the majority (except the eyebrow area). I then use a darker colour towards the outer corner of my eye and a little in the crease. Then I apply a 'highlighter' colour to my browbone and inner corner of my eye (to brighten it up).

Its easy to say how to apply eyeshadow, but it takes a lot of practice (as with any makeup), which is probably why the actress has such nice makeup, as a makeup artist would have applied it, so just keep at it :)

i apply a base from lid to brow bone - usually it's a very light shade like MAC Shroom. i typically don't apply a darker color in the crease; instead i apply it from the lid and blend upwards toward the crease. then i take an angle brush get it wet and then apply the same shadow as a liner. once the liner has dried, i take the same brush and soften the line a bit. if i do put a darker color in the crease, i typcially won't put one on the lid but i will line with that same color or something that goes well with it. i like to keep it very simple.

I know! Their makeup always looks so good and perfect. I too have the same problem with eyeshadow, partly because I'm half asian so I have a hard time finding my crease. I usually use a light color over my whole lid, then a soft peachy pink over the lid and a warm brown in the crease. I think is looks pretty natural I guess. I so want to go and have a professional makeup makeover when my face clears up.