Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-SJ-

Hypertrophic Scar Recurrence?

Hello. About 3 weeks ago I had an Erbium laser treatment done on some hypertrophic (raised) scars on my left cheek, and so far it's looking great. There is still some pink skin left that has to heal, but my doctor assured me that within 2 months or so that will be all gone, and that he has never seen it NOT go away.

But my question to you guys is...is there a chance that the scars could come back? Like..in a year or so from now? I asked my doctor, and to me he sort of danced around the question by giving the typical "we can't completely get rid of the scars, only make them look better" response.

But I have looked it up online, and have only seen one site that says there is a possible risk that MAYBE worsening of the scars or recurrence may occur, but so far my scars look to be healing fine. Can't really picture them coming back.

Oh, and I also have medium brown skin if that makes any difference (I doubt it), but they told me the main concern would be hyperpigmentation and gave me some bleaching cream for it which is doing a great job so far.

But if anyone here can offer what they think about the scars coming back, I'd appreciate it.

Bump!! Can't ANYONE help me out on answering this? :(

Can you post before / after pics? I have a raised scar on my nose and I dont know what to do with it!

Thanks for the help...

If it is 'just' a hypertrophic scar and not a keloid scar, there's every chance it will be diminished. Scarred skin will almost never go back to 'normal,' but it can be improved.

edit