Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babowc

Doxy + Mario Badescu

Purchased Doxy and MB products for acne..

I've mild to moderate acne, usually dependant on my condition during the week.

Stats:

korean male

mild to moderate acne.

moderate hyperpigmentation.

moderate scarring

I used mario badescu before, didnt work at all for me. Their Anti-acne face wash is nice though, in combination with the suki lemongrass cleansser(not a mario product) it works really well. The face wash stuff is drying though, so I use the cleanser after.

I used the MB drying lotion which doesnt do anything for whiteheads. Use polysporin and put bandage over it, that works everytime. A few products I used by MB were the drying cream and lotion, healing and soothing mask(this ones good though doesnt help acne in any way that Ive noticed, it just feels good after you put it on). The drying mask is really good though, I liked that one. Dont confuse that with the lotion or cream.

Im curious to see your results though, everyones skin is different, it didnt work for my skin maybe it will for yours.

hm.

day 5

of antibiotics..

I haven't had hardly any breakouts forsure.

no inflammation, one raised bump on my left cheek.. no inflammation though.

feeling quite tired often, but seeming ng to get better nights sleep!

using drying lotion and healing cream as well as buffering lotion.

I love the drying lotion! it dries up appearing whiteheads overnight.. but it does leave hyperpigmentation afterwards .

antibiotics seem to be doing their job, and I haven't had any side effects YET. as I've heard it takes upto 6weeks for symptoms to appear.

so far so good.

face feels much smoother.

started hitting the gym.. taking a lot of protein, would be breaking out normally, but no flare ups.

will update on day 10

day 6.

broke out in small battallion of whiteheads on my sideburn area..

tiny tiny whiteheads..

time to take care of it with drying lotion.

i've been sleeping a little late lately.. need to get to bed before 12!

Hey babowc i have been using the drying lotion also but i cant seem to get it off in the morning. I almost have to scub it off and i would not rather do that. I've been using it for 2 days and it hasn't really done anything. Is yours easy to wash off in the morning?

Yeah, it was really hard to get off at first..

then it changed after about a week or two into it..

it came off a bit easier.

on whiteheads, it'd dry it up completely and i could take it off like a scab and it'd be fresh skin underneath.

when I put it on cystic acne, it was a pain to get off..

do NOT put it on cystic acne, heh.. i made the mistake.

get buffering lotion for cystic acne, it works really well.

I just use soap and warm/hot water and the drying lotion comes off easily now.

anyways..

Day8

missed a dose on day 7, the batallions of whiteheads went away, but still a bit inflammed. still a few remainder whiteheads, but slowly and gradually going away.

sleep seems to be a BIG factor!

weird.

so.. day 12.

been having serious stomach aches.

took a pepto bismol and i was fine for the night.

woke up today with more stomach pains, carried on through the day.

after dinner, my stools were black/brown.

disturbing.

I gave it a google search and it could be from increased iron consumption or from a stomach ulcer letting blood into the stomach. I'm thinkin the latter. Ulcer.

Haven't even been drinking at all lately, but missed breakfast very often and lunch was at around 1-2pm.

Hmm.. i cant see the doxy doing this to me, so ill keep taking it.

ANYWAYS:

skin wise.. i believe i got the case of folliculitis.. on Nizoral shampoo, using it daily.

little batallions of whiteheads maybe werent whiteheads but the folliculitis.

right side subsided, but my left chin area is still has patches of raised bumps.

one big cyst emerging on the left chin.. taking care of it with the MB products (drying lotion/buffering lotion)

one raised bump led to a whitehead on the forehead and same with that, used drying lotion to clear it up. It is dark red right now.. like a scab.

Also applying the healing cream (MB) nightly and taking 100mg of doxy daily.

I don't see much improvement/help from doxy yet.. supposed to start showing upto 4-8wks later, so i'm hoping for the better.

/end

Make sure you take doxy after you eat a full meal. I started having bad stomach aches and head aches when I first started taking doxy. I was feeling so sick that I didn't think I was going to be able to handle being on the medication, but I'm doing fine now.Oh, and drink a lot of water while taking the pill.

Day 15

missed another dose yesterday..

with the crazy work i do.. i keep forgetting to take the pills!!

went on a drinking binge friday and saturday..

my stomach feels better, actually.

the small whiteheads are disappearing as well!

no new developments, but the raised bump on the forehead from day 12 turned into a whitehead after i neglected it.. its gone though, applied MB drying lotion, dried it up overnight.

My digestion has gone down the toilet.. i feel bloated after every meal.

looks like i need to do some digestive system repairing!

Day 41ish

Doing really good..

I started taking Doxy 100mg x 2 per day..

doing really good.

Hardly any breakouts.. I had a few whiteheads the other day because I had to stay up til 2am or so for school, but with Mario badescu drying lotion, those were zapped overnight in most cases.

Im eating breakfast every day because of doxycyline and I think that's also helping with my overall health! win win situation, me thinks.

Anyways, I need to get more doxy.

Also going to be adding Retin-A into my regimen..

Everything's been the same, regimen wise, so far.

I'll update in another week or so.

Day 87

Update in awhile..

been going on and off Doxy b/c I couldn't take it with alcohol..

Every time I'm off, I can see a few bumps coming up.

When I get back on Doxy, it definitely helps, though.

Been using tretinoin and it's been very helpful at exfoliating the skin and helped improve overall appearance of the skin.

Also been getting a natural tan while driving in a convertible, I wear SPF15 moisturizer everyday, but I'm beginning to think that's not enough for the harsh georgia summer sun..

Overall, doxy is definitely helping.

I need to clean up my act and get back on it.

I'd say only downside to doxy would be that you can't go out and enjoy company at the bar or karaoke since you shouldn't be drinking with doxy.