Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone tried this yet? I have been considering it since I have not given natural products a shot yet. Acneinfo.org gives The Body Shop stuff a good ranking, but I would like to hear peoples opinions and experience with acne (type, skin, etc.) using this type of product. Any post would be appreciated, thanks.

Jerry

hi. yeah i tried to tea tree stuff from the body shop and it worked ok. i don't remember why i stopped using it but i'm thinking there was an ingredient in it that i didn't like. fragrance or some other kind of oil or comedogen. are you on the regimen? the benzoyl peroxide is the best way to go. lots of it and youre good. bp works because your skin never builds a tolerance or immunity to it. otherwise tea tree is basically an all natural anti bacterial "essential oil" meaning dry oil as in not bad for your skin. lots of companies try to tote their oils and being essential when they're not so watch out. they are just perfumed copies. be careful of this at the body shop. good luck! :wink:

Hi,

I used to use tea tree oil on my skin before it got really bad (now i'm on accutane, so don't use anything)...and in my opinion it works really well for mild, non-cystic acne. I just used to wahs my face, and then put it all over my face, wherever i was prone to break outs. It really seemed to prevent new zits from popping up and also seemed to calm the ones that were present. The tea tree oil from the body shop is good...the real stuff.

hope this helps,

May

Hi,

I started using benzoyl peroxide about 6 months ago and from the next day on, I have been virtually clear. After a while I wanted to keep the amount of BP that I use as low as possible. Looking for ways to do this I figured out that I might just as well use Tea Tree oil to clean my face. Right now I use Tea Tree oil facial wash every morning and evening to clean my face, and only a very small amount of BP (Benzac Gel 5). I think the amount of BP I use now is about 0.5cm in size when u put in on my finger!

So I am very happy with the result of Tea Tree. I use the 250ml facial wash bottle from the Body Shop. I'm using that bottle for almost 6 months now and it still has 1/3 in it, even though I use it twice a day, so I don't use much of that either!

I hope that my reply was helpful...you can always contact me if you have any more questions. I have a mild/moderate degree of acne btw.

Greets, and good luck! :D

hey i just want to warn you guys against tea tree oil.... there has been some debate over here in dk about it. its dangerous like hell for your skin because frequent use can result in allergy!! :D

I gave the Body Shop stick stuff a shot for the past few weeks. It seems to work alright, but one thing that works real well is how it gets rid of the red spots on my skin- have never found a product that could take care of them as well as Tea Tree Oil has.

Only problem is I have had some below the surface white heads making there way up to the surface (or so it feels and looks that way). I started washing with a BP soap and it has helped a lot, but still not clear.

BTW for the regimen followers- BP isn't my cure for clear skin, I have moderate acne but it does what it wants usually.

No, i have never tried tea tree oil though i have tried so many other things.

Zinc seems to work the best for me--well not really...but it has shown some improvement..

i am also looking at this website. This website maintained by this guy named alex chiu claims a world of benefits. Testimonials have seemed near miraculous. I myself am skeptical of such nonsense but he even offers free products. A guy in the testimonials claims that his acne and scars were cleared by this and well as a wealth of other benefits.

http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickth...cgi?id=kamikazs