Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi.

I don't get much active acne anymore but I do have red marks from months ago.

I will be getting a prescription for Finacea this week because I read a lot of positive comments about it.

I stopped using BP a long time ago because it prolonged my redmarks.

My plan is to use finacea in the morning and an OTC retinol at night.

I would like it if you guys could recommend an OTC retinol that you have had positive results with.

I am under the impression Diacneal, Green Cream, and Vivant's Derma-A are the 3 most popular retinols. I don't want to risk taking a prescription retinol and would rather just stick to a combo of finacea and otc retinol.

Currently I am using md forte's glycolic cleanser and lotion to help my red marks, but I want better results by using a retinol preferably one with an AHA so I can dump the MD forte all together.

Thanks.

Hi.

I don't get much active acne anymore but I do have red marks from months ago.

I will be getting a prescription for Finacea this week because I read a lot of positive comments about it.

I stopped using BP a long time ago because it prolonged my redmarks.

My plan is to use finacea in the morning and an OTC retinol at night.

I would like it if you guys could recommend an OTC retinol that you have had positive results with.

I am under the impression Diacneal, Green Cream, and Vivant's Derma-A are the 3 most popular retinols. I don't want to risk taking a prescription retinol and would rather just stick to a combo of finacea and otc retinol.

Currently I am using md forte's glycolic cleanser and lotion to help my red marks, but I want better results by using a retinol preferably one with an AHA so I can dump the MD forte all together.

Thanks.

Sounds like a good plan - I use Finacea in the morning and Derm A Gel in the evening and the combo works great. I like the Derm A Gel because it also contains lactic acid, which helps the vitamin A proprionate to penetrate the skin better. You might start the Finacea for a few weeks on its own and then add the OTC retinoid. Adding both at the same time might be too irritating for your skin (and if you have a reaction, you won't know which product it causing it)

thanks for the tips.

i decided to go with finacea in the morning and nucelle serum in the evening instead of retinol.

i read your regimen in your sig, and i see you spot treat with mandelic serum but still use vivant's derm a gel.

do you avoid the spots you treated with mandelic when applying retinol?

do you wait a certain amount of time after applying mandelic before applying vivant?

also, could you tell me what benefits retinols have that finacea and AHAs don't?

i want to add green cream after my mandelic serum but i don't know if it's worth it being that i am using a glycolic cleanser, finacea in the morning, and mandelic at night.

^^^^^^I think that might be overkill.

I don't know much about Finacea, so I need to read up on it before offering advice on accompanying products ... but GC and mandelic is a very potent combination.

I also want to reinforce Willow's advice: you should add just one active product to your regimen at a time, and make sure your skin is fully adjusted to it before adding the next one.

thanks for the tips.

i decided to go with finacea in the morning and nucelle serum in the evening instead of retinol.

i read your regimen in your sig, and i see you spot treat with mandelic serum but still use vivant's derm a gel.

do you avoid the spots you treated with mandelic when applying retinol?

do you wait a certain amount of time after applying mandelic before applying vivant?

I still apply the derm a gel to the places I spot treat with mandelic. I only use the mandelic every other night for spot treating, otherwise I get too peely. I use it mostly to spot treat places that I tend to get those tiny little clogged pores (mainly the center of my chin). I wait about 10 min after applying the mandelic before I apply the Derm A Gel.

also, could you tell me what benefits retinols have that finacea and AHAs don't?

i want to add green cream after my mandelic serum but i don't know if it's worth it being that i am using a glycolic cleanser, finacea in the morning, and mandelic at night.

All of them help unclog pores, but I would think that most retinoids are better at this than finacea and AHAs. I think they also help by plumping up the skin (AHAs might do this to some extent, but I don't believe Finacea does).

AHAs can improve skin hydration, I believe, so you get some plumping effect that way.

Retinoids actually increase collagen production, as well as normalizing keratinization.