Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jimini

EM BRUSHES

i have a question..

there was a post about how many times u guys clean your makeup brushes..

i recently received my EM makeups + the kabuki brush

how do u clean the brush??

im fairly new to this whole mineral make up thing..

thanx in advance

You wet the brush and you can wash it with some type of shampoo or soap that you've got laying around the house. I currently have been using an antibacterial wash for mine. They do have brush cleanser though, I don't know where you would purchase that though.

You could do a search and find a million helpful hints on this subject. You might enjoy some of the previous threads dedicated to this.

To wash my brushes, I get them wet in warm water, put a little baby wash in my hand, smoosh the brush around in the suds gently and maybe squeeze the suds through a little. Then rinse under warm water. Blot really well by gently squeezing it in a bath towel. Then let air dry until the next day when I do my makeup again. (Takes all of 15 seconds once you're done it a few times - dries easily overnight) Any gentle soap, baby shampoo, baby wash, or even cetaphil gentle facial cleanser has worked fine for me.

i typically wash mine once a week with lukewarm water and baby shampoo. i shake them out to get the excess water out and then i lay them flat to dry overnight. they're good as new in the morning ;)

I am using my DHC cleansing oil lately as it cleans out all makeup pigment and is super gentle. I wash my brushes about once a week, depending on how much I've used each one.

I apply a little onto the brush dry and work it through the brush a bit (downward strokes, squeezing it or something...that sounds suggestive :lol:). Then I rinse it and keep working through it til the water runs clear and no more pigment comes out of the brush.

Sometimes I use Cetaphil since my cleansing oil isn't cheap.

A little jojoba oil on the cleansed brush helps keep it soft too, especially if it's natural bristles. Just a tiny bit, and then maybe one more rinse so it isn't oily.

I lay them flat to dry overnight too.