Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pocahontas21

Great Website About Healthy Eating

I found out about this website a while ago:

http://www.whfoods.com

I love it because there's a search engine that you can type just about any HEALTHY fruit/veggie...etc. into it and it will show you the benefits of that food.

Did you know this:

CUCUMBERS-

A Radiant Complexion

The silica in cucumber is an essential component of healthy connective tissue, which includes muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bone. Cucumber juice is often recommended as a source of silica to improve the complexion and health of the skin, plus cucumber's high water content makes it naturally hydrating—a must for glowing skin. Cucumbers are also used topically for various types of skin problems, including swelling under the eyes and sunburn. Two compounds in cucumbers, ascorbic acid and caffeic acid, prevent water retention, which may explain why cucumbers applied topically are often helpful for swollen eyes, burns and dermatitis.

This site also has weekly healthy recipes and TRUSTWORTHY information about good nutrition in general. (most of the site's leaders are nutritionists).

Just check the site out. It's been very beneficial to me and I hope it will be to you too!

:D

yeah, this is my favorite food site. Lots of good information. Plus, who doesn't love a good vitamin and nutrient bar graph?

On whofoods.com you can read extensively about a lot of healthy foods, diseases, nutrients, etc, plus they have great recipes, so yeah a great site.

why is lard not on the list when even honey gets to be there! :cry:

pocahontas21 is that you in your pic? If so your one of the prettiest thing I've seen on the org!

:shhh: