Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zizou12

Red light in bathroom?

hey guys,

so yeah i've heard about the red light system, etc... and I'm wondering something because i have 3 red lights in my bathroom and wonder what is the use for it? it seems that it is to heat up the room for when taking a shower... but do you guys think this can be used as a healing process to acne? maybe if i stand there for 15-20 minutes? maybe longer?

what do you guys think..?

hey guys,

so yeah i've heard about the red light system, etc... and I'm wondering something because i have 3 red lights in my bathroom and wonder what is the use for it? it seems that it is to heat up the room for when taking a shower... but do you guys think this can be used as a healing process to acne? maybe if i stand there for 15-20 minutes? maybe longer?

Sorry to be a bummer, but without spectrum analysis there is no reason to believe those bulbs will help your skin. From what we understand, the light wave produced by the red bulbs needs to peak somewhere around/between 630-660nm to be beneficial. And as I gather you already know the red light within the desired spectrum above only aids in the healing process, does not kill the p. acnes bacteria as 405-420nm blue light does. Check out Dan's thread for some great info on light therapy.

Best wishes!

hey guys,

Countdown is correct, but I would be interested to know if you personally believe you get any results from doing this. The Infrared bathroom flood lights might not be just the right frequency, but since they can't hurt you as far as I know, why not try it? Just watch out for your eyes (protect them from any bright lights). Are you planning to lay on the floor for exposure? Acne is a trial and error game... We are all Thomas Edisons' here.... You may discover something new! -Dan