Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

U gotta chuck out everything to do with smoking: ashtrays, lighters, everything.

Then write down WHY you want to stop.

When you get a craving and want to give up giving up, look at your list.

U gotta chuck out everything to do with smoking: ashtrays, lighters, everything.

This sounds good! Is it tried and tested by you? How long you been off the ciggies for?

This sounds good! Is it tried and tested by you? How long you been off the ciggies for?

I don't smoke, but this worked for my dad and stepmum for half a year (and counting). It works because getting a craving makes you think you want to start smoking again.

Don't listen to the hype about how hard it is. Concentrating on that just makes it harder. You can do it.

Try to remember that the physical withdrawal only lasts 72 hours, beyond that it really is all in your head.

Good luck!

and now can't be bothered to quit anymore. just seems pointless.

If you don't have the personal "want" to quit, it doesn't matter what gums, patches or pills you use you won't quit. Get smoking into perspective and get a real desire to let it go, then let the gum/patch/pill do it's magic.

you have to really want to quit smoking. if you're doing it just because you think it's the right thing to do, you won't quit, you'll just end up going back to it. i've been a "social smoker" for a few years and just decided to quit with my boyfriend. having someone to be accountable helps a lot. he's chewing the gum, and he says that's helping. i just quit cold turkey. good luck!!

I've recently quit, about 2 - 3 months ago, after smoking a pack a day for approximately 3 years. My parents knew I smoked, as I had told them, and it was almost a "normal" thing, I was smoking inside the house. My dad smokes, too. At times he used to even offer me a cigarette, "father/son" thing. I looked at a cigarette as if it were an old friend, someone that kept me company at all times, at all situations, good or bad.

I then came to my senses and realized that over the years I had been indulging in an incredibly nasty/disgusting habit, hazardous in every way possible. It poses a health threat to me, my family, my friends (though some of em still smoke) and everyone close to me. I did not want my life shortened and I certainly did not want to hurt those around me by hurting myself.

So, I decided to just quit, on the spot. Cold turkey. No aids (pills, patches, gum) just my own will power. I threw away my packet, my lighters and decided to never smoke again. As of that day, I've yet to touch another cigarette and don't plan on it either.

Quitting cold turkey is quite challenging, but far from impossible. I suffered withdrawal symptoms, felt extremely irritated, agitated, annoyed, suffered from insomnia wished I could just have "one more puff" but that did not last for long, after the first 4 - 5 days its nothin but psychological, a matter of killing the habit. Chew on some gum, eat chocolate, go out for a walk/run, gym, talk to a friend....

Though tough, one of the best things I've ever done. I now don't stink of smoke, I can breath in a lung full of oxygen, exercise properly, have a stronger smell and taste for food/drink, sleep more efficiently and just generally speaking, feel good. No more relying on sir cancer stick to make me feel better.

I will admit, to this day, I miss a cigarette and at times still have the urge to smoke when watching someone else smoke but I remind myself that smoking will NOT do me any good, and that its nothing more than a nasty habit.

Do yourself, your friends, your family and everyone that cares for you a favour and quit. It is WELL worthwhile.