Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brett

New problem.

Ok I remember how Dan said that your face might turn red and might burn a little from the Regimen.Well up until now my face was fine from that.But now Im on the 3rd week and this morning I noticed part of my face was red.Not red as in red from old acne, but red as in like a burning feeling and you could tell most of my face was this way.

Why is this happening now?What should I do and I'm sorry for all the questions.

I started getting red around week 2 and 3... I think it's because I wasn't moisturizing twice a day. That, or my skin is still adjusting to the BP

same problem with me....i suppose it's the way it is..when your face has no active pimples, treat the 'red' acne scars with something else..

viKKo, no! smile.gif

BP doesn't kill your active pimples, it stops you getting new acne. So, when you have no active pimples, you stop using BP, you will get a breakout. It's very important you continue using BP even when you are clear!

Ok so can anyone help me?Again it isn't red from old acne it's red from like burning.

Last night I noticed that my face got more red and burned more when I put on the moisturizer.What could the moisturizer have to do with it and why is this happening now?

Also I noticed that it is where I put the BP on, where the areas of my face are discolored and slightly burned.

Can we fix this problem or what?My face is really clear from this Regimen and I dont want to stop it just because of a dumb burn, but this is annoying.

Unless you are constantly feeling your face stinging or burning, most people recommend you keep up with the regimen and your skin will eventually adjust to it. Otherwise, you may want to use less BP until the burning stops.

Also, I had burning near the skin at the top of my cheeks (below the eyes) Some skin is more sensitive--do you have sensitive skin?

viKKo, no! smile.gif

BP doesn't kill your active pimples, it stops you getting new acne. So, when you have no active pimples, you stop using BP, you will get a breakout. It's very important you continue using BP even when you are clear!

I guess I have sensitive skin.Well I'm just glad I found something that is going to cure my acne, now I just need to clear this little problem up and if you all could help me with it as much as you could I would appreciate it.

Ok Dan told me to do this:

1st week: half of a finger of a squiggly line

2nd week: one full finger of a squiggly line

3rd week: one full finger and a half of a squiggly line

4th week: 2 full fingers of a squiggly line

So like I said my face is almost clear now.Right now Im on the 3rd week so I have been doing exactly those steps of how much BP to use.

Can someone give me a new chart as to how much BP I should use with it still working but not a lot so that it doesnt burn my face?A way we can slowly get to two fingers.

Hi Brett,

Bear in mind that the amounts Dan recommends are a guideline only, and everyone’s skin is a bit different. I too had probably my worst redness around week three; I’ve found that I only need about one and a third fingers, and keeping to that stops me burning up too much.

Also, maybe this is just me, but I’ve taken to waiting a little bit longer – about 20 mins rather than 15 – before putting on moisturiser. I find this causes less stinging; don’t know why, maybe moisturisers don’t get along with un-absorbed BP.

It sounds like you’re making good progress, so you’ll naturally feel your way to the right amount in the next week or so. I’m at the end of my fifth week by the way.

I’ve also found that it’s a mistake to judge your progress on how you look / feel immediately after doing the regimen. I tend to look a bit red and blotchy for about an hour and half after doing it, and then my skin looks a lot more normal after that.

Hope this is of use to you.

Thanks a lot man, but do you think you could give me a guideline that I can use as to how much BP I should put on my face?

You know like I posted in my last post.

Sorry, I suppose that was unclear.

I don't know exactly what will work best for you, but one and a third fingers (sqiggly line) is doing fine for me, and I'm going to stick with it. If you're using two at the moment, try dropping back to, say, one and a half, and see how that suits. If you stay clear but still not happy with the redness, maybe reduce a bit more.

What I'm saying is that you're going to need to experiment a bit to find your own level; I don't think there's a definitive amount that works for everyone. I know that fatman_uk, for example, has said he now uses very little to remain clear. Whereas other people have to continue to use a lot.

Also, the redness will continue to decrease anyway, your skin is probably stil continuing to get used to the BP.

So you use one finger and 1/3 all the time without uping the dosage?See I was on a finger and a half when I noticed this burning.

Maybe I should just go to one finger and stay with that or what?

Brett -

I've been on the regimen for over a year now and the key is listening to your own skin and figuring out what works for you. No one is going to be able to give you a personalized "guideline" for how to treat your skin.

If you have a burnt areas (which I did in my first few weeks too) try using less BP until your skin adjusts, maybe skip a day on the regimen until the burnt spots go away (that's what I had to do).

The regimen takes time and you have to be patient to get clear, especially if you have sensitive skin. If you need to s l o w l y work up to using a lot of BP then I suggest you do it. Better to have healthy, clear skin in 2 months then burnt, dead, clear skin in 1 month, right?

Ok well how long do you suggest I stay on one finger until I can tell if I need to decrease the amount of BP still or if I need to increase it?

Sorry I can’t give you a definite answer, I’m playing it by ear myself. But I stayed on one finger for about a week and a half before starting to increase again. This has been ok for me.

You said at the start of this thread that the redness has only just started as you’ve upped the dosage. I’d go back to last week’s dosage and then try upping it a bit in another week.

You will get a bit of redness at some point, but increasing the dose a bit more slowly, you should be able to minimise this. Also remember what I was saying about redness immediately after doing the regimen – I get this, but it doesn’t last all day any more, whereas it did a couple of weeks ago.

It’s all about patience, really. A pain, I know, but we’re only talking weeks, not years.

Anyone else got advice for Brett? Some other opinions than mine would probably be useful...

Yeah thanks a lot for all your help man, I appreciate it, but any other advice would be greatful.

I guess I will go back to one full finger of BP for like a week and then if my face isn't burning in a week I will barely and slowly up the dosage.Sound good?

Brett,

What moisturizer are you using? This may be a factor as well. Some aggravate people more than others. You may want to try a new moisturizer. And make sure to moisturize twice a day, every day.

Taking a step back in the amount of bp is an option as well, and I think you guys have that covered.

-Dan

Well since you guys recommended that Eurercin moisturizer I'm planning on buying it tommorrow.

Right now I'm using Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer.