Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darren_uk

Antibiotics are s**t

This is my opinion...

Topical antibiotics work well for a while but eventually stop working.

Oral antibiotics are shite they dont do a great deal at all.

Would anyone else agree or am i wrong? Only i cant understand why they would be prescribed if they are ineffective...

Im using BP now with some sucsess but its fucking all my t-shirts up round the coller.

What are these retinoids? Ive never tried them..

I agree. I used topical antibiotics for about a year with no results. I took the oral stuff too, and helped very little. I can't find anything that works.

BP is working for me but u hav 2 b so self disaplined and stick to your regimen day in day out.

Ive been using it for 4 months and have been clear 3 or 4 times but im not consistent with it so i keep breaking out. N like i said its ruining my tops by bleachin the collers, its a piss take wen u pay £20-£40 for a top.

i was prescribed an oral antibiotic and i've noticed significant improvement. the number the size of my pimples has decreased significantly. but this might also have something to do with the retin-a i've been prescribed as well (but that stuff just seems to dry my skin out and irritate it :cry: )

I've used antibiotics on and off over the past 20 years for my acne and in my experience, they are fine whilst on them, but once the course is finished the acne comes back.

That said, I've never tried accutane, but am now spot free, thanks to a healthy diet and B5.

i was prescribed an oral antibiotic and i've noticed significant improvement. the number the size of my pimples has decreased significantly. but this might also have something to do with the retin-a i've been prescribed as well (but that stuff just seems to dry my skin out and irritate it :cry: )

Antibiotics worked well for me. I took them mostly doxy for 5 years and during that time, I remain acne free for 90% of the time. Topical antibiotics also worked for me. I use Dalacin T which is clindamycin solution and 3 days, my pimples will be down. I guess something that work for me might not work for another.

Retinoids help exfoliate skin so that pores don't get clogged easily. It normally comes as Retin-A, differin, Tazorac.

I used tetracycline a few years ago, but it never worked for me. No side effects though...it just didn't work.

Retin-A wasn't any help either. Lately I've been focusing on diet and just a simple cleanser/moisturizer solution.

I just started taking mino twice a day and retin-a at night. The mino does make me feel like poo but I'm going to continue and hope that this feeling will pass as my body gets use to it. I keep hearing mixed thoughts on antibiotics. For me it is worth a try if they work then great if not then I had nothing to lose I guess. My daughter is 13 and is using a topical antibiotic foam that is suppose to be really good and after one week I see great results with her. Mine are not so great yet, but I am willing to give it as much time as it needs to work.

Oral antibiotics never did a thing, I think I was on about four different ones.

A few topicals keep working, but I had Tazorac, Retin-A, Erythromycin and

Finacea, those all stopped working. :rolleyes:

I like Biore, Dan's BP and a good diet :D

Since the backup restore knocked out my post, I summarize...

Topical antibiotics work well for a while but eventually stop working.

Oral antibiotics never did a thing, I think I was on about four different ones.

A few topicals keep working, but I had Tazorac, Retin-A, Erythromycin and

Finacea, those all stopped working. :rolleyes:

I like Biore, Dan's BP and a good diet :D