Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pouringRAINA

Raina's Road to Clear Skin *NEW PICS!!! 6/30*

Thank you all for your support. Sorry I haven't addressed you all individually...maybe next time. haha. But for now, I am going to update you with some pictures. I am on day 25 (in other posts I think I mis-counted, so sorry for the bad info), and I am just entering my major breakout phase. Oh boy. The good news though is that I think my the clogged pores on my nose will be completely gone by the end of next month. YES! They are pretty much gone right now, so give it another month, and the little stragglers will be crying for their momma.

Here are the pictures

Left Side Of Face

Right Side Of Face

Front View Of Face (see the little dinosaur hump on my nose????)

Today I went to church with the my good friend Zack and his little brother (the little bro is 13), and his little brother was like "Your face looks so much better!" It was one of those moments where you wanna say, "Thanks for trying, but no it isn't." :naughty: I guess it's getting better a smudge, but only in ways that are visible to me (i.e. the pores on my nose)

Next friday I have a judged performance with my strings ensemble :boohoo: . I always get nervous underneath all of those lights because it's like putting a spot light on your face and yelling "Look at me judges! I HAVE ACNE!" but I'm sure it will be okay. Other than that, life is pretty uneventful. I'm looking forward to Summer Camp in June, being a camper one week, and a counselor another. And then 3 weeks after that, I am going as a leader to L.A. on mission trip with the Jr. Highers. It will be my 3rd year going, and I can hardly wait. As long as I wear sunscreen continuously, it's okay for me to be in the sun, right?

Sorry this was so long. I'll update you next time something exciting (or disappointing) happens.

I want to re-title my accutane log, can anyone instruct me on how to go about that?

Today the accutane beat my butt. The area right above my armpit is extremely dry today, and I wore a short sleeved shirt to school. My dry arm kept rubbing against my shirt, and it left me in excruciating pain throughout the day. I have a long sleeved shirt on now, and my mom told me to put vasaline on my arms underneath my long sleeved shirt before I went to bed. I hope it helps.

Funny Story:

The other day, I was minding my own business in Spanish when I realized that my nose was really peeling. I started to mess with the peeling skin (bad idea) and eventually a chunk of the top layer of my skin came off. It left the side of my nose in pain, and I wanted to know if it left a mark, so I asked this girl in front of me, DeeDee, if it had. She goes "Yeah it's red....you have acne, don't you? Why don't you try Proactiv or something?!?!" I'm thinking to myself "OH GOODNESS, another naive highschool kid." I told her about how I was on a drug called Accutane, and that it would all be gone within a matter of months. Learning that I would be cured, she turns to this other kid who has pretty visible acne, Shane, and says "SHANE! You should go on Accutane!" It was hands down one of the funniest encounters of stupid people I have ever experienced. I guess you had to be there.

Anyways, I'm writing an essay for English about my acne. I'm pretty excited, except for that fact that it's already 9:30 and I have only one paragraph written.

P.S. My littlest kitty, Ginger, has believed to be eaten by coyotes (Damn Nevada). We let her out last night, and she hasn't come back. I hope she's alright.

I am getting eczema again. I had it a few years ago, and it is resurfacing because of the accutane. At night, I have to cover my arms in Vaseline and put on a long sleeve shirt. It's really just on my arms (i.e. above my armpit, the front of my forearm, surrounding my thumb etc).

Guess what? I AM GOING SNOWBOARDING ON SATURDAY! I have never been (which is weird since I live in Northern Nevada...it's ALWAYS snowing here), and I am reallly reaallllyyy excited. It's actually on my list of life goals. haha. I am going to make sure to wear plenty of sunscreen on my face because ONE: I don't want to look like a raccoon, TWO because of my skin sensitivity. You have NO idea how excited I am gkladfhfklah;kl :wub:

I like your new profile picture. You are very pretty, and I know you are self confident about having a "dinosaur" but to be completely honest I didn't even notice at all. Sorry to hear about the eczema.

P.S. Going to snowboard = You MUST bring and apply Aquaphor. If you don't you will not have a good time I promise you that.

But if you do it'll be tons of powdered fun.

Thank you for the pointer, and thank you for the compliment. I don't really think I have a dinosaur nose, it was just those couple of days when I had that nasty pimple on the arch of my nose. Now that one is gone, and I have a new little bugger on my cheek. GREAT...

I haven't had any bloody noses yet, but I get scabs in my nose, and whenever I blow my nose (which HAS to be often) my tissue is all bloody. Does this happen to anyone else?

Also, can someone PLEASE answer my questions I had in previous posts?

1. Has anyone else ever had thrush? (see post 25)

2. Can I be in the sun for a long time as long as I apply a ton of sunscreen?

3. Can someone be a doll and tell me how to edit the title of my log? (at least the subtitle)

SNOWBOARDING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

i was told thrush was from candida..

wow, snowboarding sounds like so much fun. every year i tell myself that im gunna do it.. then i never do :( haha oh well, theres always next year... you should totally let me kno if you had fun or if you fell alot. thats the only think im scared of...

but oh i had a question. how bad is your eczema? are you taking anything for it?

i went to the doctor yesterday cuz i noticed sumthing near my neck.. and the doctor said he thought it was eczema.. && that it could be caused by stress... but ive never had this problem before so im not sure what to do.

jeany, Snowboarding was amazing! I fell a lot, but it's all part of learning. I am extremely sore, but it was definitely worth it. Don't let your fears get in the way of your dreams, GO SNOWBOARDING GIRL! haha. I did get sunburned, even though I put a TON of sunscreen on the whole day. I'm guessing it's because of the accutane because I don't burn easily usually, and I was fried, but my friend Esther is really fair skinned, and she wore a tanktop the whole day and she isn't sunburned at all. Just make sure when you go that you have a good teacher. Go with a friend that is experienced, or else you will never be able to stay up.

Like I said, I got sunburned despite my efforts. It was my first experience with all day sun exposure, and now I know to stay in the shade more often (or at least wear a hat.)

I am going to bed now because I am going to my friend's baptism early in the morning, and I definitely need to go to sleep early.

Oh, and about the eczema, it can probably be for a bunch of different reasons that you get it. I highly doubt that stress makes you itch..but that's just me.

My sunburn on my ears started to peel yesterday, and now there is literally a chunk of my earlobe missing. It's pretty gnarly. I hope it heals correctly or I am going to have a plateau on my earlobe.

My skin is noticably smoother these last couple of days. I haven't gotten any new pimples, just old ones that are healing. and my mom finally got all of my dry skin remedies, so I have huge bottles and tubs of Aquaphor and Eucerin. THANK THE LORD!

my skin is just like yours. i think i have more blackheads/whiteheads though. but yeh, i'll be going on accutane in about a month. good luck to us both! =]

Yowza! My ear is causing me a TON of pain this week. It's peeling everywhere, and if I even brush against it, it starts to bleed. Wanna see?

My poor poor ear :(

It's actually worse today. This picture was taken last night.

REMINDER: This is from getting sunburned! THE SUN IS NOT YOUR FRIEND....especially while on accutane!

Yowza! My ear is causing me a TON of pain this week. It's peeling everywhere, and if I even brush against it, it starts to bleed. Wanna see?

My poor poor ear :(

It's actually worse today. This picture was taken last night.

REMINDER: This is from getting sunburned! THE SUN IS NOT YOUR FRIEND....especially while on accutane!

My ear is getting worse. Ouchie.

I have thrush on the OTHER side of my mouth now.

But the good news is...I am still breathing =]

At the ripe 'ol age of seventeen, I am at a crossroads in my life right now. I know I am called for something different than the American Dream way of life. There is more to living than falling in love and living in a house surrounded by a white picket fence for me. I don't know what God's plans are with my life, but I pray that I can accept the things He puts in front of me, even if they aren't what I had planned for myself. I am going to go in my room, sit, think, and reflect on my life behind and ahead of me and just listen to the still small voice that is calling from the distance...calling me to something greater....

(I apologize in advance for my deepness)

GREAT NEWS! I'M FINALLY GETTING MY BRACES OFF!!!!!! May 5th is the day, and I am ECSTATIC. They've been on for 3 more months than they should have been, so this is a big day in the life or Raina. I'll wait for a acne picture update until I can show off my pearly whites.

My overwhelmed mind is better now. I think it was due to an essay I am writing that required me to pick apart the qualities of myself, and analyze how they affected me. The assignment was "The Things We Carry" which is based off the book by Tim O'Brien called "The Things We Carried", and it required us to write about some of the things we carry in our lives. BOY OH BOY did it make me think. I'm still not done with the essay, but I will be by tonight. I'm pretty excited.

And on that note, God is amazing, amen? haha. But really, He is. As I am looking through my life, I actually stopped and took notice to all the people God has blessed me with in my life. Whether it be the supportive users of Acne.org or the people I hang out with every weekend, I have no reason to feel alone in this world. WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER (That was not meant to be a quote from High School Musical...)

...and you guys crack me up. I knew someone was going to crack a "pouring" Raina joke sooner or later. I have another nickname, "Potato Chip", that comes from my last name being a famous brand of Chips (and no, it's not Lays or Doritos)....so basically I have a fun first AND last name to make fun of.

I remember getting my braces off. The pain was the strangest feeling i've ever felt. It was like...eating ice cream so cold your gums hurt.

Don't worry, it's over pretty quick though!

My ear is getting worse. Ouchie.

I have thrush on the OTHER side of my mouth now.

But the good news is...I am still breathing =]

At the ripe 'ol age of seventeen, I am at a crossroads in my life right now. I know I am called for something different than the American Dream way of life. There is more to living than falling in love and living in a house surrounded by a white picket fence for me. I don't know what God's plans are with my life, but I pray that I can accept the things He puts in front of me, even if they aren't what I had planned for myself. I am going to go in my room, sit, think, and reflect on my life behind and ahead of me and just listen to the still small voice that is calling from the distance...calling me to something greater....

(I apologize in advance for my deepness)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

That one seems to be pretty good advice for you. One of my all time favorites is Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

FREAKIN EAGLES WING DUDE! I love that verse.