Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-ophelia-

Cutting Wheat and Dairy

I have decided as of next week, I'm going to significantly change my diet. I really want to see what an impact it makes on my skin. I'm already a vegetarian and I eat quite a lot of fruit and veg but I'm going to cut out all refined wheat and occasionally eat some wholegrain and I'm also going to eat as little dairy as possible. I'm not planning on doing this forever, but I'd love to see what kind of difference this makes. If I notice a really big improvement then I'll stick to it! What are other people's experiences with avoiding wheat and dairy? I have cut out wheat and dairy before a few years back for different reasons and noticed a really positive change in my energy levels, so it can't hurt!

Well i can't eat wheat at all (or gluten as a whole) as i'm allgeric to it, so it obviously had benefits forme.

As for dairy i don't believe theres a problem unless your tested as being allergic to it.

However i did read today in a self detox article that cutting gluten out does help.

Good luck anyways hope all goes well.

I have some pretty severe food allergies and when I went for a test, the patch with wheat on it flared up quite a bit. Not really bad but it was noticable....could this have any impact on my skin?

I got a lot better (but not 100% clear) from cutting gluten & dairy. But i'm not allergic/intolerant to either! Milk & yoghurt break me out due to the sugar (hard cheese, butter are fine). Grain products contain sugar & other things but it's not the actual grain that causes me problems - i can eat plain oat porridge (oats & water). I can even tolerate low gi seed bread (no sugar!).

Don't forget that if you cut these out like a lot of people you may see improvements, but it may not be down to the fact that you are actually intolerant to them indvidually. Good luck - I know it aint easy, and it took me an age to narrow down what actually was causing me the problems (and allow me to figure out exactly what i could eat). I actually can be a lot less fussy now i'm taking Taurine and have discovered the root cause of the problem, not just the trigger of the symptoms :).

I love porridge! I have been eating it for breakfast most mornings recently. I don't know whether it's best to cut things out one at a time to properly work out what contributes to my acne. I don't eat a lot of dairy just now so maybe I'll try the wheat first and just go easy on the dairy during that time. How long shall I give it? Two weeks? More? Thanks

yeah...i've cut dairy completely out of my diet. i use non dairy rice dream or almond milk. are there any other substitutes out there for diary? any other foods that you can buy like cheese that is lactose free? i need to cut wheat out because of the gluten. any suggestions on substitutes? what's good?

yeah...i've cut dairy completely out of my diet. i use non dairy rice dream or almond milk. are there any other substitutes out there for diary? any other foods that you can buy like cheese that is lactose free? i need to cut wheat out because of the gluten. any suggestions on substitutes? what's good?

A couple good books to read for those cutting out gluten and dairy that I'm currently reading. Mark Hyman's UltraSimple Diet. Mark Hyman's UltraMetabolism. Robert Young's the pH Miracle. They all have good recipes in them, as well.