Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samariah

having acne ages skin?

A few days ago I read somewhere, can't remember the site, that having acne ages the skin because the infection leads to free radicals. It said that those that suffer with acne end up with older looking skin. I think my skin doesn't look as young texturewise (enlarged pores, roughness, scars, scaley chickenish skin under eyes) but i think due to the oiliness i dont have lines in other places that many people get them (around the mouth, around the eyes). of course im only 19 but i know girls my age who tan a lot and have facial wrinkles already. i just hope my having acne isn't aging my face.

Things that cause acne, such as inflammation, poor digestion and eating foods you have an intolerence for, age you. But that doesn't apply just to people with acne. it applies to everyone with crappy diets.

Also, BP and other harsh topicals probably aren't all that great for keeping skin young.

Acne doesn't cause prematurely aging skin; rather, it's the thing that causes acne that can contribute to prematurely aging skin.

Acne doesn't cause prematurely aging skin; rather, it's the thing that causes acne that can contribute to prematurely aging skin.

truth