Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ever since I started getting acne last May, during my freshman year in college, life has never been the same. After having nearly perfect skin for 19 years, I was always outgoing and confident with myself. I had a ton of friends, a wonderful boyfriend and an overall really happy life.

But now, I just feel empty.

I don't have any friends, I don't have a job, I no longer have a relationship with my family members... I pray everyday that my skin will get clear and I hope and hope and hope but nothing ever changes.

I think that the emotional/psychological damage has been much more severe in my case.

I have displayed extreme anxiety, paranoia and psychotic behavior:

-I can't look in a mirror.

-I can't be in the light.

-I can't go out of my house.

What's even more pathetic is that I feel ashamed when my parents look at me. MY OWN GODDAMN PARENTS.

I try to go to sleep before my dad gets home at night so he won't look at my face.

I avoid my mom so she can't see how ugly I am and give me the pity look.

I can only buy things online, never in a store.

About once a week, I have a meltdown and today was it.

I have become so bitter and resentful.

When I see pictures of people with beautiful clear skin it's like a knife through my heart.

I just don't understand why I can't have clear skin.

I JUST DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND WHY MY RED MARKS NEVER DISAPPEAR.

I feel like such a loser.

I don't have a single person in my life who gives a flying fuck about me.

My Gosh, I'm almost the same. I scar really easily and sometimes even lip dryness causes me to have red marks... It's really annoying. D: I used to have close to perfect skin until this year... I don't even know what changed.

You're not alone! So many of us feel that acne is ruining our lives and so many of us feel like there is nothing that can be done. But there are lots of people out there in the same boat, feeling the exact same things, fighting the same battle! Don't give up and please keep talking, we're listening!

Well, if one problem like acne can ruin all the good that you had, it must have not been that great after all.

Praying doesnt do alot... its not gods fault you have bad skin. It might make you feel better, but it wont solve the problem in the end, its up to you.

Ok, have you changed your diet since you went to college? I am assuming so... Thats like a huge flashing sign. If you have clear skin until you start getting college food, i think that is your problem. So, first step, stop eating the crap they serve at the cafeterias! Diet is a HUGE factor!!!!

Ok, think about it like this. Some people have spent 10-20 YEARS suffering with acne. You have had it for a couple months? You are lucky... i went though my highschool years with it, the best years of my life (what i was told). All you have to do is deal with it before it gets too out of hand.

You are wrong... you have one right here! :D

Well, if one problem like acne can ruin all the good that you had, it must have not been that great after all.

How do you figure?

sounds like you changed your diet. start by improving it.

also, if yuo never have fun and if you never get out of your house, actually getting rid fo acne is going to be very hard. you have to have get out and exercise, sweat... do fun things, enjoy yourself, these are ways to help the skin

Since most people's diets change the first year in college, work on diet. You're not going to have friends by secluding yourself in your house. No one wants to be around someone that's reclusive and always depressed, I know *I* don't like being around miserable people. Don't get me wrong, if my friends are going through a tough time I'm always supportive though. I just think there's more to life than perfect skin, like being happy and enjoying the people I have around me.

Then again this is coming from me, who openly talks about my acne if someone mentions it.

Hope you find your happy medium soon.

don't sweat too much though it causes spots lol.

i'm in the same position well used to be i used to hate my parents looking aswell but now i don't care i ask them for advice and give them a close up if they really want lol after all they are my parents.

i just stick two fingers up in the mirror most of the time, i love mirrors where you appear acne free, say if the light is off, but when the light is on errrrrrr.

but hey theres at least 10000000 out there that are in a worse position than us, we must take it on the chin along with our spots and try to eradicate this problem while getting on with our life and achieving our life goals.

As low as you feel, the people that are true to you will never love you less because of your skin. This goes for family, friends etc.

Having acne makes you no more inferior than somebody with perfect skin. And its easier said than believed but acne does not define the type of person you are. People are more likely to be attracted to your personality and talents, rather than hang around with somebody completely spot-free who has the personality of a rock.

Ok, your skin isn't the greatest, but what about the things that really make you you? Your talents, hobbies or passion for an issue or topic? What about your skills such as the way you can listen to people, or the way you can make people laugh. If your at college, you must be pretty gifted at your chosen subject(s). At the end of the day, its THESE things that define the type of person you are, not your skin.

Hiding away doesn't let anybdy see the brilliant person you are, but if you go out there and put all your energy and emotion into the things you love doing, people will see you as that confident, outgoing person so talented in so many things.

I know its hard to get yourself out there at first, and it takes a lot of strength to do, but when you do, i'm positive things will start looking a little brighter. :)

xxxxx

Ah but having acne is not like stubbing your toe, its not a quick intense pain that goes away after about 5 minutes. Its more like breaking your arm, you have to slowly slowly wait for it to heal up, not knowing how long it will take to get better.

Ever since I started getting acne last May, during my freshman year in college, life has never been the same. After having nearly perfect skin for 19 years, I was always outgoing and confident with myself. I had a ton of friends, a wonderful boyfriend and an overall really happy life.

But now, I just feel empty.

I don't have any friends, I don't have a job, I no longer have a relationship with my family members... I pray everyday that my skin will get clear and I hope and hope and hope but nothing ever changes.

I think that the emotional/psychological damage has been much more severe in my case.

I have displayed extreme anxiety, paranoia and psychotic behavior:

-I can't look in a mirror.

-I can't be in the light.

-I can't go out of my house.

What's even more pathetic is that I feel ashamed when my parents look at me. MY OWN GODDAMN PARENTS.

I try to go to sleep before my dad gets home at night so he won't look at my face.

I avoid my mom so she can't see how ugly I am and give me the pity look.

I can only buy things online, never in a store.

About once a week, I have a meltdown and today was it.

I have become so bitter and resentful.

When I see pictures of people with beautiful clear skin it's like a knife through my heart.

I just don't understand why I can't have clear skin.

I JUST DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND WHY MY RED MARKS NEVER DISAPPEAR.

I feel like such a loser.

I don't have a single person in my life who gives a flying fuck about me.