Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GB2

Did anyone try OBAGI or PCA skin products?

Hey everybody,

just wondering if any of you ever tried the acne products by either one of these companies. A female friend of mine has been using OBAGI skin system for normal to dry skin with the 3 step system and said she loves it and her acne problems are only about 10% now of what they used to be, so in essence, about no issues. I did a search for OBAGI to read more and came upon a website that lists a bunch of products. While going through it, I came upon the PCA products which have good reviews from customers. It is MUCH LESS in cost than OBAGI and the activie ingredients (being 5% BP in both the cream lotion/moisurizers) are similar. PCA has a 5%BP face wash as well which OBAGI does not.

I was just wondering if any of you have used PCA (mainly the pHaze 31 5% cleanser and the pHaze 33 Acne Cream). Both of these products had good reviews. The OBAGI showed no comments on the site, other than the personal comments I got from my friend, which were good. The cost difference for example is about $70.00 for OBAGI compared to around $15-25 for PCA stuff.

Anybody have success with either of these products?

Here is the link I was looking at.

http://skincarerx.com/acne.html#Top%20Acne...Recommendations

If you go to the top left corner you can list the BRANDS. Look up OBAGI or PCA and read about them.

Thanks,

John

hi there. i use the obagi system for normal to oily skin. i've been using it for about 12 weeks along with an antibiotic 2x a day. if you're looking into a bp regimen i would consider it, but be ready for a couple weeks of really dry skin. when i first started i wanted to give up because my face got extremely dry and red. i bought their moisturizer so if you use this kit make sure you buy a moisturizer to go with it. my skin is really starting to look better and the dryness has subsided. when you first begin you may want to just use the entire kit 1x a day. as your skin becomes used to it you can increase to using your cleanser and toner 2x a day and your bp at night or in the morning. this is how i currently use my kit.

am-cleanser, toner, moisturizer

pm-cleanser, toner, bp

i can't comment on the other system because i don't know much about it. i do know about obagi. if your main concern is acne i would stick with the acne systems. if you're more concerned about sun damage, wrinkles, scarring, etc. i would use their nu derm line that contains retin-a. e mail me if you have any questions.

sara

hi there. i use the obagi system for normal to oily skin. i've been using it for about 12 weeks along with an antibiotic 2x a day. if you're looking into a bp regimen i would consider it, but be ready for a couple weeks of really dry skin. when i first started i wanted to give up because my face got extremely dry and red. i bought their moisturizer so if you use this kit make sure you buy a moisturizer to go with it. my skin is really starting to look better and the dryness has subsided. when you first begin you may want to just use the entire kit 1x a day. as your skin becomes used to it you can increase to using your cleanser and toner 2x a day and your bp at night or in the morning. this is how i currently use my kit.

am-cleanser, toner, moisturizer

pm-cleanser, toner, bp

i can't comment on the other system because i don't know much about it. i do know about obagi. if your main concern is acne i would stick with the acne systems. if you're more concerned about sun damage, wrinkles, scarring, etc. i would use their nu derm line that contains retin-a. e mail me if you have any questions.

sara

Thanks for your info Sara. I would probably just do it 1x a day anyway and I'm going to just focus on my forehead first to see how it goes since that is my main problem area along with my temple areas.

john