Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I heard about how well the honey mask works, so last week I bought some raw honey online. I've been using it for a week and I haven't really seen much improvement. I've heard many others say how it's amazing, but I just havn't seen those kind of results. Should I be keeping it on all night long, or is it better just to leave it on for an hour at night and then wash it off with cold water before I go to bed? Also, should I still put anything on my face after using the mask, such as BP? Thanks for the help.

Supposed to leave on for 20-30 minutes and then rinse off. I think you can apply whatever topicals you like afterwards but I would probably wait another 15-30 min to avoid possible irritation. I think you need to give it a good go - like 1-3 times per week for at least a month.

Check out this thread for more info on honey masks:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Manuka-Honey-t182015.html

After reading some of the comment, I would like to tell my own story. I've had acne for over 12 years. Honey has changed my life!!!!

This is what you need to do and please have patience. Don't expect miracles over night but I'm telling you it will work.

1 tbs of honey (any kind of honey will work)

1 tbs of milk

1 tbs of lemon

1 tbs of plain yogurt

Mix it all together and slightly warm for about 1-2 seconds in microwave so the honey melts. Apply it all over your face (neck too) and let it dry. After 2-3 minutes keep reapplying it again until you have nothing left in your container. This will go on for about 30 minutes. Use this for about 3 weeks. I guarantee you, you won't recognize your own face. It will clear scars (I had mild scars), and you will get special glow on your face. Now people notice my face and they keep asking what do I use. Just be persistent and don't give up. I was on every possible acne medication you can find on the market and NOTHING helped me as this mask. So, give yourself a chance.

Enjoy!

Hey I tried it once and liked it, one question, how often do you do this???

After reading some of the comment, I would like to tell my own story. I've had acne for over 12 years. Honey has changed my life!!!!

This is what you need to do and please have patience. Don't expect miracles over night but I'm telling you it will work.

1 tbs of honey (any kind of honey will work)

1 tbs of milk

1 tbs of lemon

1 tbs of plain yogurt

Mix it all together and slightly warm for about 1-2 seconds in microwave so the honey melts. Apply it all over your face (neck too) and let it dry. After 2-3 minutes keep reapplying it again until you have nothing left in your container. This will go on for about 30 minutes. Use this for about 3 weeks. I guarantee you, you won't recognize your own face. It will clear scars (I had mild scars), and you will get special glow on your face. Now people notice my face and they keep asking what do I use. Just be persistent and don't give up. I was on every possible acne medication you can find on the market and NOTHING helped me as this mask. So, give yourself a chance.

Enjoy!

Guest missyjean130

When my acne was pretty severe, I can safely say MANY things helped.Just very slightly.

So honey is good,but some people may only experience slight improvements.You have to take your entire regime into consideration.

I also think honey is even better for those with dry skin and acne.(from what I've read in the past)

I want to boost this topic because I am suffering from dry skin and although it is subsided with the use of Aquaphor my skin looks so dull and blah. I will try this for sure ! I'll start with regular honey but maybe get manuka honey in a little bit.