Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

White Bread

Ive eaten white bread all my life, sometimes my my mums get the best of both but im not sure on how good for you that actually is. Ive never really thought about changing to brown bread, but could white bread be causing any acne problems? Ive tried changing my diet and white bread is one thing that has always stayed so im thinking of giving it up.

White bread is probably the worst bread. I can't think of any redeeming qualities, it has little to no fiber, and it gives less sustained energy. In my opinion is the worst bread you can eat. Try to get whole greain breads if you can. If you are getting food from a cafeteria or somethiing, just grab the darkest bread you see. I recently just started buying organic multigrain bread, since it has no fructose corn syrup and no gluten. Before, I would geat 12 and 15 grain breads. Both better than white

So I just checked it again, and it actually does have gluten, it is listed as "Organic Wheat Gluten" if that means anything. but it definitely has no corn syrup

Ive eaten white bread all my life, sometimes my my mums get the best of both but im not sure on how good for you that actually is. Ive never really thought about changing to brown bread, but could white bread be causing any acne problems? Ive tried changing my diet and white bread is one thing that has always stayed so im thinking of giving it up.

In a way, white bread is better for acne than wheat bread, because it has less gluten and less phytic acid, but neither of them are very good from an acne standpoint.

Whole wheat bread will have a lower GI than white breads. It will cause less sevre insulin spikes. It has more fiber. But, it has more gluten. Overall, it is more healthy. You have to make the choice. If I had to pick between the two, I would choose wheat every time. But, if I also had the choice, I would choose whole grain breads or pumpernickel, maybe rye also, instead of wheat.

I wouldn't doubt it causing or worsening acne. For me, white bread (and things like donuts) give me the WORST heartburn and indigestion EVER. I can eat all the hot peppers, Mexican food, spicy chinese dishes with no problems. But I can have a slice of white bread and it gives me heartburn and indigestion, sometimes so bad I can't eat the rest of the day. I discovered that when I cut out white bread and pasta, my everyday heartburn and indigestion went away. Since digestion problems can be linked back to increased acne, then I would think that it could make acne worse.

I wouldn't doubt it causing or worsening acne. For me, white bread (and things like donuts) give me the WORST heartburn and indigestion EVER. I can eat all the hot peppers, Mexican food, spicy chinese dishes with no problems. But I can have a slice of white bread and it gives me heartburn and indigestion, sometimes so bad I can't eat the rest of the day. I discovered that when I cut out white bread and pasta, my everyday heartburn and indigestion went away. Since digestion problems can be linked back to increased acne, then I would think that it could make acne worse.

how about rye or pumpernickel?

pumpernickel is so good..... ohhhhhh my......... I am going to go buy some right now just because you said that!

(and a friend once told me that rye was the cause of the salem witch trials. Anyone ever heard that before?)

I gave up eating white bread (all wheat, in fact) for a month or so and I saw a massive improvement. It's difficult to do though; almost all meals have wheat in somewhere!

I've given up on bread as well and I feel so much better. It's really difficult though - bread is practiciallly everywhere. However, my cravings for it have become nearly non-existant now.

White & Brown & Whole & Organic & Seed & Multigrain & Granary & Batch & Stoneground all caused me problems and it took me an age to find a bread i could eat without problems (but even now i only have 2-4 slices a day max!).

Multiseed Low GI Bread