Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ohioan

alcohol

does alcohol have anything to do with breaking out, i am really curious, it always seem like the night after i drink i get another pimple pops out? Does anyone know, Oh yeah and the regimen is working great for me, absolutely great, knock on wood, i am only 3 weeks in? Please God!!!

alcohol has very little effect on acne. In fact i think none. Infact i always thought it help my acne because it clean my system up. You could be getting your system flushed out and getting acne because of it. Now thats my general assumption. But also it could be the kind of alcohol your drinking if theirs anything you alergic to in the beer could make you breakout for instance lets say you had peach wine. The alcohol is probably not making you breakout but the peaches could be. I have notice that drinking blush style wine makes me breakout but drinking a cabernet savrigon dosent. So i think its more a question of what kind of drinks break you out not so much alcohol. And of course the typical rehortric you hear from doctors is the common your diet dosent effect your acne. While i agree doctors to a point on that my dermatologist says that dosent leave out the possiability you could be allergic to it and then make you breakout. Also my derm was fair enough to say with me if you think it makes you breakout its better off you stay off it. My opinion to you would be try differnt kinds of drinks with alcohol in it try a blush wine red wine etc. and see which ones do and which ones dont etc./ Then that will give you a better understanifn of what you can and cannot have. because i really doubt alcholo makes you breakout.

Guest fatman_uk

Only way it ever makes a difference to me is when i get real drunk an cant be arsed washin when i get in, lol.

But i doubt a few pints 1-2 nights a week would do anythin, maybe if u got TOTALLY sloshed a few times a week, ur body will be fightin the alcohol, since its a poison, to get it the hell outta ur blood. Not good for acne.

-Gaz

Only way it ever makes a difference to me is when i get real drunk an cant be arsed washin when i get in, lol

I know the feeling lol

I mean i only drink twice a week, see i am a partier, so when i go out and drink, im drinking probaly around 15 beers (12 oz) so hmmm, i hiope it doesnt,