Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dannie

anyone succeed with aloe vera??

im reading wonderful things about aloe vera . how it helps with damaged skin and acne and good to apply it daily as your skin routine

anyone have stories to say about it?

thanks alot

I've just started using it [i'm a couple of days in] because I'd heard so many good things about it. Plus, its unlikely to cause break outs apparently.

I'd go for it, especially because its a more natural approach to acne. And the aloe gels are cheap so you're not spending out on an expensive treatment.

I've just started using it [i'm a couple of days in] because I'd heard so many good things about it. Plus, its unlikely to cause break outs apparently.

I'd go for it, especially because its a more natural approach to acne. And the aloe gels are cheap so you're not spending out on an expensive treatment.

Some other members have recommended using a moisturiser mixed with aloe vera because aloe can dry out your skin.

I have sensitive skin too and aloe seems to be okay so far. From what I've read, aloe seems to be safe for almost all skin types.

oh wow..

i know that theres a aloe vera moisturizer but im not sure how good it is

i read alot of reviews on how good the aveeno night cream is too,,its noncomedogenic too

I think a 100% aloe vera gel like Fruit of the Earth is really good and for the past month I have been using a little mixed in with my am moisturiser. I have just stopped using it though because I want to simplify the amount of products I use and I was having a hard time creating the perfect balance between the aloe and moisturiser. I would tend to squeeze out a big blob and end up with too much.

I have tried aloe on its own to moisturise and while it's great for soothing sunburn, as a moisturiser I don't think it's hydrating enough and skin tends to feel a little tight afterwards.

thanks

ya i figured it wasnt moisturizing..

i think its the GNC store i saw the aloe vera moisturizer..they have one for tea tree too but that made me break out

I have a story! I have been using it as a moisturizer in conjunction with ACV and it has largely cleared me up! I am still not so sure how the ACV helps, though it does, but the AVG is a godsend! It is the only moisturizer I have ever found that does not contain oils and side ingredients that make me flare up. I simply use 100% AVG from Ocean Potion, nothing but gel, and after six or seven months it has done wonders. It is important to find a moisturizer that works, and this one is perhaps the best choice. I haven't even gone into all of the benefits aloe has for your skin, but there are plenty. Don't take my word for it, try it out! Watcha gotta lose?

FOTE aloe feels great and I often use it on dry areas of my face. Not as effective as a typical moisturizer, but gets the job done and is non-greasy. I've used it for years.

Unfortunately, I think there's too much hype about this product. I think it's too weak to really improve your skin much at all, but that's just me. Good luck if you decide to use it.

Mine is from italy and I have no idea what it says on the label except that its aloe vera gel. lol... it feels kind of tacky on your skin...and even a little drying... or maybe its juss mine. I haven't seen any improvements except that it is good on a pimple you just popped or one that ripped in the shower or something (eeek) ... heals it right up.

i've heard you can add it to your moisturizer and it helps with inflammation and redness. i've heard a lot of good reviews on fruit of the earth aloe vera. you may want to try that. i know my dad used to use it on his back and had success with it.

My skin is very dry from using retin-a and finacea. I tried using 100% aloe vera gel a few weeks ago to moisturize and I broke out horribly. It also dried my face out more, I had visible flakes everywhere.

I have to agree with a few people.

After using pure Aloe Vera, it actually made my face feel drier then before.

And the feeling was just... not the greatest.

I also used it as a lip moisturizer, and it burned rather than anything.

I do use a brand of shampoo by Nexxus that contains aloe, that helps...

But beyond that, I didn't see much of anything worth coming back to.

im reading wonderful things about aloe vera . how it helps with damaged skin and acne and good to apply it daily as your skin routine

anyone have stories to say about it?

thanks alot

I make a facial exfoliant out of oatmeal, almonds, honey, and aloe vera. When I tried making it without the aloe vera it didn't do quite as much. Aloe vera really de-reddens my skin and softens it magnificently.

Aloe vera is my holy grail. I mix it with Olive oil because it is a bit drying and it's winter where I live. You can easily mix Jojoba but I'm allergic. Some people have a bad reaction to olive oil but if you can't tolerate Jojoba, it's worth a shot.