Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clankfu

Mandelic Acid - how long does it take?

For those using Nucelle Mandelic Serum, how long did it take for you to notice results?

I've been using the 10% serum for the last 2 weeks and I thought I saw improvement until I broke out pretty bad in the last couple days.

Most people say they start to notice a difference within 2 weeks. You might be experiencing an initial purging period. Don't let this put you off.

Most people say they start to notice a difference within 2 weeks. You might be experiencing an initial purging period. Don't let this put you off.

I'll stick it out for a few more days but this breakout is nasty. If it gets any worse, I'll be tempted to go back to the BP regimen. Thanks.

I've been using it for over a month, and I'm seeing great results. I did have an initial breakout around the 1 1/2- 2 week mark, but after that, my skin started clearing up really well. I am getting much fewer inflamed acne breakouts than I did before, so I definetely think the mandelic is helping with this.

Yeah I'm having a breakout on mandelic acid and I've been using it for 6 days. But I'm sticking with it- the blackheads of my nose have almost totally gone now and the dozens of blocked pores and red bumps along my chin and jawline are clearing up so it's definately helping.

Thing is, I'm still getting inflamatory acne mainly on my forehead, and more than what I was getting before. But the spots are spaced out and random rather than appearing next to each other as they normally do, and appear really suddenly which makes me think it's just purging.

I've been having lots of fun with the whole initial breakout thing though...

Since I knew I was going to get an unavoidable breakout during the first couple of weeks, I've been having eating bread, beer and sugar to my heart's content, totally guilt-free! I'm gonna get spots on this stuff in the first couple of weeks anyway so might as well make the most of it while I can!

x

I just started using this 3 days ago... and I'm already getting tons of new pimples... my skin is alot worse than it was before I started, I know thats to be expected though....and I'm not tryin to discourage anyone. I just hope it works in the long run... I also just started taking 2 fish oil caps daily, I know ppl can break out from that too... so that might be a factor.... I just hope this works, I'm not gonna stop using it, I always stop right away when something doesn't work or makes me breakout but I think the key is to stick with it.

I am just entering my 5th week of using mandelic acid and presently I have not one single active pimple. I have about 10 fading red scars. This is from someone who has been trying various topicals/meds for the past 20 years and always had 10-12 active, inflamed pimples at a time. My skin is smooth and almost clear except for my old red marks. Mandelic acid is the best thing I've discovered in 20 years!!! Thanks to acne.org. Please perservere and don't let any initial breakouts put you off. You have to give it a proper go.

anybody else get flaky/dryness from the NuCelle?

its not redness, just dryness... was using the cleanser and serum 2 times daily, havent used the serum for a few days now, still alot of flaky skin

Me too. Its really flakey & gross... has anyone had this at first and had it subside after a week or 2??

I'm really fustrated... so many people are raving about this product and so far, its just been making everything worse for me... But i'm sticking with it... I just could really use so encouragement.

I have been using the 10% serum for almost three months, and I still get some flaking.

It made my acne worse when I first started using it, but I remembered that it will get worse before it gets better. Also, Vivi, who introduced Nucelle to me, got her results in five months. This stuff takes time, so give it some time.