Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nutterbutter

There's only so much....

There's only so much I can tell myself to feel better every time I see myself in the mirror, or just basically my everyday life. Last night was horrible, I was washing my face, and reality hit hard! It's sad, because each day, I tell myself little lies, like "oh it's not that bad," "some of this scars are going to diminish," or "oh, I'm still cute." ARGH.....I looked at the mirror, and I felt like I had an emotional breakdown! I couldn't even sleep at night, cos there's nothing I could do to make it better, not my tears, nothing. I think it's because school starts on monday, and I'm like freaking out, cos I have to face the "world" once again and meet my new classmates, which is more fun if I didn't have these scars! I usually, don't rant on how my scars look, but I'm only human, no matter what I do to make myself feel better, there are always those days when the scars are taking over! Now...I'm really considering on undergoing the Fraxel treatment, but I just don't have the money to pay for it (I'm a college student!) If only fairy godmothers exist in real life!

Don't feel so bad, there are people going through worse in the world.

Perhaps you can look into alternative treatments for scarring - like I am. There's lots of things you can try that aren't expensive.

Wish you the best!

Don't feel so bad, there are people going through worse in the world.

Perhaps you can look into alternative treatments for scarring - like I am. There's lots of things you can try that aren't expensive.

Wish you the best!

Hey nutterbutter, You have such beautiful facial features and a beautiful skin tone and hair color/texture. You also have very intelligent looking eyes.

The alternatives I suggest are:

TCA 50% and 100% for TCA CROSS

TCA 15% to 25% for peels

APeel and TCA Latte for peels

Needling

A derma roller & Topicals

Very little sugar, mostly raw foods, green smoothies, vitamins and, as Wynne suggests, DRINK YOUR WATER!!!

And get enough sleep :)

You can use the search function here to look these up. I suggest you read the 70 page thread on TCA CROSS before you start...

It's not going to completely eradicate your scars, but it will improve them, as well as your complextion in general, to the point where you will be very pleased and feel more confident. And that's good enough for step #1. :)

Jan31

Thats totally how i feel too. Acne scars just sux big time and why hasnt there been a PROPER treatment that can effectively remove it rather then the bogus treatments that never yield results? Also I would give up on that fraxel treatment if i were you, it doesnt work for most of the ppl and there are some complains about it.

What do you do now? Theres nothing much that you and me can do accept wait until theres a really good treatment that can smoothen out acne scarred skin...

In the mean time, just cheer up be yourself enjoy everyday that you have, remember we only live once so just go out and do your thang...

TCA CROSS, skin needling, and peels are not bogus. I suggest you do some research on these procedures using the search bar on this forum. Many people have gotten significant results.

Also, you wrote, "There's nothing much that you and me can do except wait until there's a really good treatment, ect...". No, you can start researching TCA CROSS and you can start to treat some of your scars yourself!!!!!

Jan31

Hey nutterbutter, You have such beautiful facial features and a beautiful skin tone and hair color/texture. You also have very intelligent looking eyes.

The alternatives I suggest are:

TCA 50% and 100% for TCA CROSS

TCA 15% to 25% for peels

APeel and TCA Latte for peels

Needling

A derma roller & Topicals

Very little sugar, mostly raw foods, green smoothies, vitamins and, as Wynne suggests, DRINK YOUR WATER!!!

And get enough sleep :)

You can use the search function here to look these up. I suggest you read the 70 page thread on TCA CROSS before you start...

It's not going to completely eradicate your scars, but it will improve them, as well as your complextion in general, to the point where you will be very pleased and feel more confident. And that's good enough for step #1. :)

Jan31

Thats totally how i feel too. Acne scars just sux big time and why hasnt there been a PROPER treatment that can effectively remove it rather then the bogus treatments that never yield results? Also I would give up on that fraxel treatment if i were you, it doesnt work for most of the ppl and there are some complains about it.

What do you do now? Theres nothing much that you and me can do accept wait until theres a really good treatment that can smoothen out acne scarred skin...

In the mean time, just cheer up be yourself enjoy everyday that you have, remember we only live once so just go out and do your thang...

Well, I have different types of scars, I have the rolling scars, and I have those raised scars, which I think are more hard to treat. My face is still somewhat pink on some parts. I'm currently just using Tazorac (again) + Doxycycline, that's about it. I've never been on Accutane though.

But I agree, that for now, there's not much for me to do, cos I don't have money to go get those procedures anyways, and yes I am accepting it, day by day, but there are times, when I just feel down and I guess that's normal.

I think I'll ask my derm about the scars on my next appointment. :surprised: Thanks.

Tazorac gave me some really good results in the month I used it, but it left my skin really red and irritated constantly. I stopped it one month prior to my needling and in that one month, and just used my Vitamin-C Cream (GNC) .. my skin tone became absolutely incredible!

I'm about 1 week post needling, so I'm still red, but I would suggest doing something like Needling for your deeper scars. (It's not expensive, I went to Frank at Transitions and it was a somewhat painful 1.5 hour procedure that cost $100).

I would also suggest intake of Vitamin C (I pop the chewable kinds a few times a day, tastes great), a Vitamin-C cream or serum, and a good dermaroller if you want to try that for at home treatment.

Tazorac gave me some really good results in the month I used it, but it left my skin really red and irritated constantly. I stopped it one month prior to my needling and in that one month, and just used my Vitamin-C Cream (GNC) .. my skin tone became absolutely incredible!

I'm about 1 week post needling, so I'm still red, but I would suggest doing something like Needling for your deeper scars. (It's not expensive, I went to Frank at Transitions and it was a somewhat painful 1.5 hour procedure that cost $100).

I would also suggest intake of Vitamin C (I pop the chewable kinds a few times a day, tastes great), a Vitamin-C cream or serum, and a good dermaroller if you want to try that for at home treatment.

Thanks for the info, I haven't heard of vitamin c cream yet, this is actually the first time. And needling, I haven't really looked into it yet, but now I might! Tazorac was really good during my first cycle!, I barely have any scar and only one rolling scar on the side of my forehead. But after just six months, tazorac seemed to stopped working so, I took it again for the 2nd cycle, stopped, and I'm now on my 3rd cycle, and now I have really scars that are raised above my skin and some atrophic scars...

Does needling help the "raised' scars...what type of scarring did/do you have?

CitizenPanda, I wish I could find someone here that did needling...Was you face numbed first? This is done with a needle, like what people on here are doing, and not the professional dermaroller?

Did Frank say how much of an improvement is typical?

Thanks,

Jan31

p.s. Do you think that using Tanzorac helped the Vitamin C cream to absorb better?

Well, I have different types of scars, I have the rolling scars, and I have those raised scars, which I think are more hard to treat. My face is still somewhat pink on some parts. I'm currently just using Tazorac (again) + Doxycycline, that's about it. I've never been on Accutane though.

But I agree, that for now, there's not much for me to do, cos I don't have money to go get those procedures anyways, and yes I am accepting it, day by day, but there are times, when I just feel down and I guess that's normal.

I think I'll ask my derm about the scars on my next appointment. :surprised: Thanks.

CitizenPanda, I wish I could find someone here that did needling...Was you face numbed first? This is done with a needle, like what people on here are doing, and not the professional dermaroller?

Did Frank say how much of an improvement is typical?

Thanks,

Jan31

p.s. Do you think that using Tanzorac helped the Vitamin C cream to absorb better?