Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StandingAlone

Anyone ever thought.."why me?"

Today has been one of the most depressing days i've spent in a long time. I didnt even have the heart to leave my apartment because my skin is going crazy.

I'm 20 years old and i have one of the most severe cases of acne i have ever seen, i mean its ridicules. I would love to go out and have fun everyday, like everyone around me but for me my happiness seems to be in conjunction with my face.

Its days like this when i feel like its never going to get better. Like i'm doomed to this curse forever. Its like at work everyone is clear, hell everyone i see is clear for that matter and here i am a fucking pizza and what did i do to deserve it?

I know my ramble is in vain but i cant help it. I never thought i'd let acne consume me the way that it has..i cant even explain how low i get sometimes. theres times when i see light but then in the back of my mind i know its going to come right back. I could do so many things without acne..with it i'm a waist because its my ball and chain.

anyway maybe someday things will look up and i can forget the past 6 years of my life, until then i'm stuck.

this is a vent, because i fucking need it.

Many many many times I have thought "Why me?!"

When I was in high school there were these beautiful bitches who never got a single zit. They never said anything mean to me... but they treated others rudely, thinking they were all that, and then some. I always thought "Why me? Why don't those bitches have acne??"

I think me having acne has given more compassion for others and not just those with acne.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

too many times i've thought this, but one day i just accepted the fact that acne was natural and i hadn't done anything to deserve it, i'm just unlucky.

I know what you're going through because I'm in the same exact situation. My face looks like hell and nothing is working. Just last night I cried like I haven't in months because I can't stand it anymore. I don't want to leave the house and I don't care if I don't see anyone for the rest of my life if I have to look like this. Even though I believe in God, it's really hard for me to understand why I have to suffer like this. At school, I look around the class and I'm the only one with such severe acne. Of course I wonder "Why me?" I eat very healthy, drink liters of water every day, and I seldom eat sugar. I'm so frustrated. None of my friends have acne, so they don't understand. It's ridiculous. All my friends eat junk food 24/7 and they have flawless skin. Eff that. I'm 17 and my only hope is that my face will naturally clear up after puberty...which is probably not gonna happen for another 3 years at least. I have really low self-esteem as it is. I hate talking with other people because I'm so self-conscious.

Anyway, sorry to rant. I'm probably not helping. All I can say is now that we've pretty much hit rock bottom, the only way we've got to go is up :) Just hang in there. I've thought many times "I'd rather have cancer," but that's just stupid. Time heals everything.

I eat very healthy, drink liters of water every day, and I seldom eat sugar. I'm so frustrated. None of my friends have acne, so they don't understand. It's ridiculous. All my friends eat junk food 24/7 and they have flawless skin.

"WHY ME?"-----I always try not to ask this question, cos I think it's just unfair and I don't want to question HIM.

I've read a story before, and it was about a woman with Multiple Sclerosis, she said she wanted to ask God, "why me?" but then she said she realized that God might say, "WHY NOT?"

I hope you guys get the point.

I've asked "why me" all the time, especially when I got kicked out of my house, parent almost hit me, boyfriend whom I loved dearly became severely depressed, and then broke up with me in one of the worst ways [and right after that my face broke out, woo! D: ]

I think everything in the end happens for a reason though. My face broke out horridly, I made a goal to clear it up and have a fresh start in '08 [skin wise and in general] and since it hit 12:00 January 1st, life has been thousands of times better than '07.

Bad things happen so then you can grow stronger from them, and they also make other days seem TONS better :)

And to look at the positive side of things, even if you have acne problems, just think of the other things that you have that maybe, someone you know with good skin doesn't have!

Too many times, I've asked,"why me..why in the world me?!!". But what can we do, we can only live with its and just wait till its tired of us.

I wish the constant reminder of having acne was not their. If their was one wish that I had it would be that I would not see the acne, it wouldn't matter if everyone else seen it, I just want for me to not see it =p

today is one of the most depressing days i have ever had because of acne......... i didn't leave my room, i didn't eat anything and i picked at my zits!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

it all started a few days ago, and this morning my mom had to nag me about my zits, as if i'm not doing anything to clear them up!! i just lost it!!!!!cried all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i didn't want anybody to see my ugly face, because that's how my mom sees it, and it isn't even my worst case of acne!

Why me?

Why isn't there anymore captain crunch in the cupboard?

Why me?

Why can't I get the money to buy some more captain crunch?

Why?

Because i'm a nerd *cries while holding a bowl of milk, spilling said bowl all ovah the place*

:(

I don't think i've ever asked myself "why me?" And this thread is a clear reason why. Why me? Well, really, why them? Why everyone? Why does anyone go through everything they do? While i'm asking myself this, millions of others are asking themself the same thing. And in the end, I get a headache, and I need to eat some cereal. Why? Because then my one little negative thought turns into an avalanche of sorrow and despair (I forgot my skis too).

I have to agree with kmae though. And i'll reinstate the common saying, which I practically live by: "Everything happens for a reason." Your not truly a living, breathing, compassionate being until you've not only witnessed, but have gone through some emotional break. The people who are perfect, the people that have everything and have never had one single problem, are what people would refer to as a "shell." Being through what your going through, makes you the kind of person that makes living worthwhile. It's hard to explain this, but out of all the people you see daily, the ones who have made it over a struggle are so clearly obvious. The emotion in their eyes, the way they act.... they treat each and every person differently and the same.

Just keep on going through, and try to keep occupied off of one simple negative thought. It's hard, but it works. If you let that one thing slip in, it will only get your thoughts racing. It effects everything, your body, your mind... before you know it, you feel like hell and you can't shut your negative thoughts off.

I'm sorry to hear what's happening, and it IS nice to vent it, even if just writing it somewhere. Just don't forget, were always here if you need to talk, ramble, or just go crazy and possibly scream about potato salad ;). Have a good week!

*makes a picket sign reading "gimme yer cereal" and trots off down the barren trail*

"Everything happens for a reason." Your not truly a living, breathing, compassionate being until you've not only witnessed, but have gone through some emotional break. The people who are perfect, the people that have everything and have never had one single problem, are what people would refer to as a "shell." Being through what your going through, makes you the kind of person that makes living worthwhile. It's hard to explain this, but out of all the people you see daily, the ones who have made it over a struggle are so clearly obvious.

I wish I could believe everything happens for a reason but it just seems too illogical. I get angry sometimes about having acne, who doesnt? But the anger doesn't consume me every single day. I work hard to keep it decent because I know there can't possibly be a "reason" it's there other than to piss me off. In this life you have to take care of yourself, and as soon as you find an effective treatment you'll see exactly what I mean. It won't be God who supplied it, nope... it will be all you!

I know Why Me, because it was some of the genetic material my brother

and I inherited from my dad who had severe acne when he was young.

What I don't understand is why he didn't send either my brother or I to

the dermatologist the first signs that we were getting his acne instead of

waiting until both of us were extremely bad when nothing seem to worked.

Then we finally got on accutane which cleared us both up for the most part.

I don't think it happens "for a reason". I think that's rationalizing. It just happens and we are screwed. Luck and chance happens to everyone. My family members didn't have issues with breaking out or scarring...just me. At least I'm the tallest and smartest. But that's not that much consolation. Looks are arguably as important.

-) throughout my life

-) from childhood to now

-) peaople have always balmed me

-) for nothng but for everything

-) ITS ALWAYS BEEN ME

-) Why do they have to always piont out to me

-) WHY MEE

-) why not you !

-) WHY its always MEE

-)whY dose it happen to me

-)wHy its always been me

-)Why mE

-)Why not YoU

Why?

Because the sperm cell with this genetic condition won the race. But then again, it would not be you if another sperm had won, so it's better than nothing :)

It's the condition of human mind to find this unfair and ask why. For example, when I see a drunk or drugged bum who has normal skin, I shake my head.

BTW, have you tried accutane yet? If not, go for it.