Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hoofy

What kinda scarring

I think you should go easy with your skin until you have been off tane for 6 months, you could try some copper peptides for the time being. Avoid retin-a, any acid peels or anything like that. Dermaroller or needleing is a good option as it doesn't have a negative effect on rosacea.

Edit: they will improve by themselves over the next 6 months, accutane has thinned your skin, it needs time to thicken up again.

Mild rolling scars, only a few. In six months (possibly even less time), you could use Retin A or another retinoid to help plump up the scars.

Wynne, if you look at his other posts in the accutane forum, he is suffering from the 'rosacea' like phenomenon that sometimes happens to people who have been on accutane. i have been told to avoid retin-a and other retinoids like the plague... my 'flushing' looks exactly the same as his.

Retin A is sometimes a treatment for rosacea. Some docs say it might make rosacea worse, but a decision to treat with Retin A would be up to the patient and the doctor to decide in concert. His redness did not have an appearance of rosacea.

it is used in rosacea when it is papules and pustules that are the main issue, not flushing.... anyway ive said my part, i will tell you now i have it exactly the same and have been told to avoid it by a highly recignised derm. Very few derms understand or even accept that accutane causes this and thus have very little idea about it. I really recomend you stay away from retin-a regardless of what your derm tells you.