Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
defused

Any input will help...

See attachments for pics..

I started to get acne about freshmen year of high school, and have been battling ever since. Ive been on proactive and some non OTC creams and pills. Ive been off pretty much everything for a good while now due to insurance issues, and the pics are of my current state.

What can y'all recommend for me?

I dont even know what kind of acne I have.

My diet isnt right either, i rarely drink any water, not gonna lie.

Thanks.

post-67456-1199595034_thumb.jpg

post-67456-1199595050_thumb.jpg

post-67456-1199595062_thumb.jpg

post-67456-1199595034_thumb.jpg

post-67456-1199595050_thumb.jpg

post-67456-1199595062_thumb.jpg

I drink tons of water and still get moderate acne dont worry it doesent really help.

I'd say you have moderate acne. If you rarely drink water, you should definitely drink more. It might now help a lot with acne, but in general its better for you. I think irritation from shaving is causing some of your acne too. Have you been to a dermatologist before? They'll probably begin you on an antibiotic pill.

Just been to a general family doctor. She gave me some pills and creams, not sure which is what or if the spelling is right but minicycline, tetracycline, tretinoin.. Also gave me some sample brevoxyl-8 creamy wash at some point.

improving your diet would help, I would assume. more water, less processed foods, more natural foods (fruits, veggies, meat). keep at it for a few weeks and I am very sure youll see improvements. if you eat like crap, then look into a colon detox, you do them on your own, I did mine with pills, worked out awesomely. I had mostly chin acne and almost no cheek acne, so I don't know from personal experience, but I do read a lot about it helping

People say water helps and dieting helps but its been a year now and it hasn't helped me. But dieting / water is something you should do even if you didn't have acne.

I drink cranberry juice, water, and tea daily. I eat fruits throughout the day and eat my vegetables including the other food groups and my acne still hasn't changed.

I had always thought my acne would improve w/ lots of water, but I went to a derm and one of the first things she said was that water has almost nothing to do w/ it. For me, even though not for others, exercise does help me...or rather, if I don't exercise enough, it gets bad.

Issues with insurance? As in you don't have any or? I am totally new to this so I'm not sure what to tell you but in my opinion I would say that your acne is severe, I guess? You have only used OTC and proactiv? I too used proactiv for about 7 years and it worked wonders at first but then it just stopped working all together. I kept using it cause I was in the stupid club and just never got around to cancelling it until I made a derm apt. for my 13 year old daughter who has back acne. A friend that I work with has a son in high school, she took him to the derm and now his skin is perfect, I mean perfect. I would say that in comparison that your condition is much like his and that you would benifit from seeing a derm about this. OTC's just don't work for this kind of thing, you need to kill the bacteria from the inside with antibiotics and strong topicals. I started taking minocyline twice daily and retin-a at night. My daughter is applying an antibiotic foam in the morning and retin-a at night and she washed with bp. If we didn't have insurance I would gladly pay out of pocket for this stuff, which is not that expensive and in my opinion worth every penny. Good luck to you and hope that this will help you a little.......

I take that back. I viewed your pics again only larger and I would say that its only moderate. Really not that bad. :surprised: But if it bothers you, do something :dance: My friends sons' was much, much worse and i'm tellin you the difference is like night and day. Your a good looking young man regardless:)