Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why use products with BP? Seriously...? I mean think about it, it irritates your skin? It causes your skin to flake. The dried out skin BLOCKS the pores, the irritation causes INFLAMMATION. Seriously, am I missing something? Or is BP so great but you guys just decide to stay here despite great results with it?

I might sound arrogant in my post. But BP just makes me angry. :doubt:

I'm about to use a product with as active ingredients: SA and a very low precentage of SD alcohol 4p. SA to open up the pores, and SD alcohol to gently kill the bacteria. I'll tell you all how it works out, with the supplement I'll also be trying out (which only has natural ingredients). I don't want to name the Product. Because there are a lot of factors that can make a product work for some, and not for others. Not just sensitivity, but only the steps you take/skip/add (I do not recommend skipping and adding). I will name the product if I see results. Good or bad. I will not skip or add any steps. To make the test as unbiased as possible. I'll get back to this in about One or Two Months. But maybe most of you will forget about this post by then. :wall:

Benzoyl Peroxide works. It simply does. You can counter dryness and flakiness with a good moisturizer, and doing so will also reduce inflammation. As for your regimen, SA is nice, but I dont recommend using alcohol to reduce acne. You might end up getting worse looking skin than you started with. Good luck though.

BP isn't a miracle product. But it works for a lot of people (Not me, I'm allergic). And for most, the benefits outweigh the downsides.

Why use products with BP? Seriously...? I mean think about it, it irritates your skin? It causes your skin to flake. The dried out skin BLOCKS the pores, the irritation causes INFLAMMATION.

I might sound arrogant in my post. But BP just makes me angry. :doubt:

BP kills the bacteria P.Acne which obviously derived from its name causes inflammation and acne. However you should combine with salysistic (fuk need a spellboard?!) acid which exfoliates and removes dead skin cells. Dead skin cells + sebum = devil's work aka. acne. when sebum gets trapped in the dead skin cells you get acne. And p.acne is all over our face - its just a bacteria like any others, but removing this bacteria you may reduce acne.

Thats how Ive understood it

It just seems odd to me how a product that is supposed to "help" gives you side-effects that only contribute to acne... Alcohol aint the best to get rid of bacteria, but when I said low... I meant really REALLY low %, less than 5 % if you get my drift. In other words, a very mild, and discrete way to get rid of acne. The program lasts just as long as Dan's, and there's a money back garantee... So I'll try it out. =P I tried Clindoxyl (evil, evil BP...) and my skin became too sensitive. It was very unatural and just made things worse. Frankly, I don't WANT my skin to get used to such a harsh chemical.

Moisturizing and gentle manual exfolation can get rid of the excess drying and flaking. The flaking and exfoliation you get from BP actually HELPS clear your skin. By looseing the top layer of dead skin and removing it, this also helps loosen acne impactions - which clears your skin up. BP is also antibacterial, so it helps reduce inflamed pustule and papules. There is a small percentage of people who are actually allergic to BP, but its not that common. When people have problems with BP it is most often because they are either using a poorly formulated drugstore product or they are not using the BP correctly (e.g., using too much too soon, only spot treating with it, not moisturizing, etc.). Most people, with the correct product and method, can successfully use benzoyl peroxide.

I just don't think it makes sense. If you want to peel off your skin, why not just get a Skin Peel? My friend tried BP with moisturizer and it didn't help much, I used a different moisturizer with BP Clindoxyl and it didn't work out well either. I'll get back to you with the program I'll be trying soon (ordering today, don't know when it'll come...). It's much milder and says it won't make your skin sun sensitive or dry. :D

I just don't think it makes sense. If you want to peel off your skin, why not just get a Skin Peel? My friend tried BP with moisturizer and it didn't help much, I used a different moisturizer with BP Clindoxyl and it didn't work out well either. I'll get back to you with the program I'll be trying soon (ordering today, don't know when it'll come...). It's much milder and says it won't make your skin sun sensitive or dry. :D

I agree with you "maybe someday" I used BP before and hated it. I used a very small amount, I didnt start out to strong and I didnt use a poorly formulated one before people tell me thats my problem. My skin got dry and flaky which is normal, then it started cracking and bleeding. My skin literally bled, sorda like chapped lips, thats what my skin looked like.

BUT, that was my reaction. Lots of people use it with GREAT results and love it. Its all in the persons skin. Ive now resorted to all natural products, no chemicals whatsoever, just 100% botanical ingredients. I think they do wonders, there again, many people cant use natural products, they have the same reaction I had with chemicals.

Not everything works for everyone, I say this a lot, if it did, we would have universal acne products that everyone used and everyone saw results with. The same with pore clogging ingredients, these charts people read rate ingredients 1-5 on their pore clogging properties. I laugh every time I read one. I dont care what studies were done, just because those ingredients clogged those peoples skin or the mouses eyes, doesnt mean it will for everyones skin.

You just have to find what works for you and stick with it. Ive met a lot of people who have the same problem as me, all cleansers dry them out, products break them out and they use all natural skin care now which works great. Its weird how some people have to avoid chemicals while others dont.

The same with pore clogging ingredients, these charts people read rate ingredients 1-5 on their pore clogging properties. I laugh every time I read one. I dont care what studies were done, just because those ingredients clogged those peoples skin or the mouses eyes, doesnt mean it will for everyones skin.

The same with pore clogging ingredients, these charts people read rate ingredients 1-5 on their pore clogging properties. I laugh every time I read one. I dont care what studies were done, just because those ingredients clogged those peoples skin or the mouses eyes, doesnt mean it will for everyones skin.

Yes, I think I agree with you on this. Dan recommends Cetaphil as a substitute to his brand of moisturiser yet it contains Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20 which are given a 4 out of 5 on the comedogenic scale. It's supposed to be one of the least irritating and effective moisturisers around.

Cetaphil is supposed to be gentle, but I have read many reviews where people say they have problems with it.

Not everything works for everyone, I say this a lot, if it did, we would have universal acne products that everyone used and everyone saw results with.