Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dj23

AHH am I starting to get cystic acne?

Ok just yesterday I had a pretty big bump on the side of my face, and now it has gotten bigger. it looks more like a large red lump than a pimple. I Have never had a bump or pimple this big on my face before besides when I had a spider bite on my neck. But I don't think this is a spider bite.

I know I shouldn't be freaking out but I am seriously scared. I have noticed my skin get progressively worse and worse over the past year or two, despite my constant battling with it, and now I think it is progressing to an even more severe stage. Does anyone here have cystic acne and what was it like the first time you noticed it? do the large bumps start to appear everywhere after you get the first one? does it sound like I might be starting to get cystic acne? and also..whats the best way to get rid of this bump!! I am gonna scream! I have to go to a job interview in 2 days and so embarassed. thank you for any help.

Ok just yesterday I had a pretty big bump on the side of my face, and now it has gotten bigger. it looks more like a large red lump than a pimple. I Have never had a bump or pimple this big on my face before besides when I had a spider bite on my neck. But I don't think this is a spider bite.

I know I shouldn't be freaking out but I am seriously scared. I have noticed my skin get progressively worse and worse over the past year or two, despite my constant battling with it, and now I think it is progressing to an even more severe stage. Does anyone here have cystic acne and what was it like the first time you noticed it? do the large bumps start to appear everywhere after you get the first one? does it sound like I might be starting to get cystic acne? and also..whats the best way to get rid of this bump!! I am gonna scream! I have to go to a job interview in 2 days and so embarassed. thank you for any help.

Like I had my cystic acne on my temples. Whenever I squeezed my eyes I could feel it 'stretching' my skin. Whenever I mildly poked it it would be sore as hell. And they were big lumps - almost made my face look deform for a period - next to them were the smaller ones, so can you imagine how that shit spread? f**** bullshit.

But yeh..if you have that 'symptom' described above then it is a cystic one...It is underneath your skin and it takes longer to 'come out' than the usual - sometimes it might even disappear if youre lucky - or it could become a minimal whitehead, however dont pop it! Time is your 'friend' so usually 4-6 weeks I would say before it goes 'away'. I had one right next to my nose..That one left a dark patch after 6 weeks. It took another 6 weeks for the dark patch to go 'away'.

just a word of advice from a fellow cyst struggler...get yourself on antibiotics and use a good regimen. that way you are treating internally and externally. i've been dealing with them for awhile and this seems to work the best. don't let them go untreated because they can leave red marks and scars. if you continue to get them request accutane.