Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ypA81

Can I use BP only once a day?

Has anyone tried BP only once a day and still had a good result?

I started using BP about a week ago, and I used it twice a day for the first two days and it made my skin way to dry and itchy.

So i'm only using it at night. Is it ok?

Most people here are going to tell you to continue to do it twice a day for about 3 months in order for the redness, flakiness, and itchiness to go away. My flakiness and itchyness did fade, however the redness did not. The choice is yours. I do it once a day with pretty good results. In the morning I use a gylcolic acid or salacylic acid to give my face a rest. I seem to have better results when using bp once a day. But remember the choice is yours, you might want to stick with it to see if the side effects fade, most of the time they do.

in my experience, you'd want to use a good quality lotion with it after it finishes drying. it makes my skin quite dry and flaky too, but it goes away immediately when I use some Lubriderm advanced therapy extra-dry skin formula. I'm sure there's much better lotions for it, I've heard anything with alpha hydroxy is great, but all in all a good quality lotion should fix that right up for you ^_^

Yes.

Will you get as good results as if you used it twice a day? Probably not.

I currently use Duac Gel (5% BP, 1% clindamycin) prescribed by my dermatologist once a day at night, and it seems to work. Once my skin is more accustomed to it and isn't as dry, I might start using 2.5% BP in the morning as well.