Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wade1991

My skin situation...please help me

Ok Im 16 and have had mild acne for about 2 years. Ill take you back to tell you what I did.

First I tried the proactiv...nothing. Then I went to a dermatologist and tried Ziana for about 6 months. It was tremendous in clearing up my whiteheads but caused me to have discoloration all over my face. In other words, Im tan around my eyes and corners of the top of my head and really white where I applied Ziana the most. In pictures I look terribly white but still have the tan marks so it looks really weird.

Next, I stopped taking Ziana and went to a new dermatologist, she has me on Retin-A at night, Duac in the morning for spot treatment, and minocycline for a pill. It hasnt worked for three months now.

What really makes me mad is my white face with the tan spots around the eyes, on the back of my neck(the front of my neck where I applied the Ziana is really white as well), and tops of my head.

Im thinking about using accutane.(My derm said that the next option) Can someone help me. Give me your email if you want to have pics and can legitimately help me out. Thanks.

Your dermatologist probably has good intentions, I'm sure, but you should point out that Retin-A is supposed to be neutralized by BP, which is in Duac, when they are applied at the same time, according to the manufacturers of Retin-A. (http://www.retinamicro.com/faq.asp#go221)

If you're using them at different times, maybe this isn't an issue. What percentage of Retin-A are you on? Maybe your doctor will suggest using a higher concentration before trying Accutane.