Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have:

• Cut gluten, legumes, dairy, iodine, and sugar from my diet.
  • Religiously followed Dan's regimen for months
  • Tried, in various combinations over the past four years: laser treatment, salicylic acid, sulfur, tea tree oil, glycolic acid, lactic acid, witch hazel, cold water, hot water, lukewarm water, fasting, exercise, sleeping a lot, B5, selenium, vitamin c, zinc, chromium, AND MORE!
  • Tried cutting topicals entirely for a week and relying on diet, to see if the topicals were irritating my skin

I still break out. I am only just now getting over a very bad break-out for which there was NO DISCERNIBLE REASON. It just happened. Evidently my genetics and my hormones are too much for any treatment to halt. And so I can't face the world anymore. It's too much. I'm dog tired, and look it.

What can I do? I need methods of last resort. I need methods more powerful than fasting, more powerful than B5 megadosing, more powerful than every topical combined. I need to stop the constant surge of pus, the endless array of pimples coming to a head.

I need methods that work, and work fast, that I haven't already tried. Anyone suggesting "time" or "you'll grow out of it" will be scorned and spit upon. I don't give a shit about how my skin will look when I'm a twenty-five-year-old corporate drone. I want to seize this last period of freedom in my life, and because people judge each other based on appearance (it's not the media's fault; the media just illuminate the huge value we ALL put on personal appearance, to our chagrin).

Nothing is too outrageous. Nothing is too much trouble. At this point I will go to any length to cure my acne fast. I've tried the slow-and-steady route for the past five months and I have no more patience. I'm not waiting another half a year, only to be confounded by incremental improvement and continuing dissatisfaction. I crave clarity of my skin.

So. What kinds of liver or digestive or whatever purges might help? Etc.? I want radical solutions, because those are my final hope.

I have:

cold water, hot water, lukewarm water, fasting, exercise, sleeping a lot, B5, selenium, vitamin c, zinc, chromium, AND MORE!

Yes. I drank it for two weeks. I've also tried it on my skin. Nada.

Have you tried The Oil Cleansing Method (using jojoba instead of olive oil)?

I too have tried multiple things to clear my skin and NOTHING has worked as well as this is-- and in such a short amount of time (about a week now)

From what your list above intails, you have been using things that are too harsh for your skin and/or not allowing your skin time to ajust to new methods.

I feel your pain-- it's hard to be patient.

Please check out these sites in this order:

1)http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

2)http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

3)http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=naturalliving&keyword=Skin+Care+-+Oil+Cleansing+Method+%28OCM%29&filter=all

The Oil Cleansing Method is simple, gentle and non-irritating. Castor oil has been known to reduce inflammation and jojoba oil is a great non-comediogenic moisturizer.

Let me know if you're interested at all in this method and I can give you more info!

Most people use accutane as a last resort which works for most. You could also try tetracycline antibiotics from your GP, however, tetracyclines can cause the bacteria to become resistant.

Hey I got this book... Acne No More.

It lists a bunch of supplements like olive leaf oil, coconut oil, EFAs, Zinc, Mag. etc

It also states that most ppl with CANDIDA yeast infection have acne.

Have you had a Candida test?

Its simple, just spit in a glass of water...if you dont know what candida is, this may sound redic. but google it and youll see...

Also chronic acne sufferers may have a vitamin A deficiency, be sensitive to Wheat, or Milk...

Anyways, if you want this book in PDF, let me know and ill email it to ya.

2 things you could try that are a little odd are: Urine as a topical; a lot of people use it and it really does work. Washing your face with dandruff shampoo containing Pyrithione Zinc (rinse it off right away), it doesn't work for everyone, but it's working wonders for me.

You don't seem to have tried any prescription meds. It may be worth a shot as they are likely going to be more powerful than over the counter things and if ever you require accutane, you will need to have tried several other meds first.

I'll put up some pictures soon, I wish I had some "before" pictures from two weeks or even a week ago; the difference is shocking.

Now, of course, I'm incredibly paranoid. Maintenance is almost more stressful than clearing up because it's a lot harder to take any kind of risk, for fear of breaking out again.