Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackrain54

Apple Cider Vinegar

I just read an article on apple cider vinegar being used as a treatment for pseudo acne scars (I think i have that right - colored scars that aren't raised or pitted, right?)

The method I've read is to use it on a cotton ball and rub/massage it into your skin for a minute or two every day.

...And I've got to admit that I'm a little skeptical b/c it sounds like an invalid "home remedy."

I was just wondering if anyone on here has used apple cider vinegar for scarring like this and if it worked and how well. If anyone can point me to some before and after pictures using apple cider vinegar that would be amazing...unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who has to see it to believe it.

Anyone's imput would be welcome,

Thanks!

i've been using it for a couple months, mostly once every other night or so. i think it's made an improvement, but not a very drastic one.

i don't have any pictures though, sorry.

I tried it for a couple of days. I didn't dilute it and it was really strong! Plus it stinks like anything! So I only used it at night. My skin couldn't bear it for more than a couple of days--it will make it dry and peeled. The usual side effects from any acidic facial product. In the end I stopped using the apple vinegar method, now I only use it to soak and clean my retainer ha. I will stick with the beta hydroxy/salicylic acid pads that are on the cosmetic shelf. Basically they all chemically exfoliate your skin anyway, so I think the result is the same. It just increases the turnover of the skin so that PIH will clear slightly faster. Retin A also increases the turnover of the skin but in a biological fashion, not chemical.

Oh I think the "scars" your talking about are PIH--the discoloration. It's nothing compared to real scars, don't sweat it. Not long term anyway.

Oh I think the "scars" your talking about are PIH--the discoloration. It's nothing compared to real scars, don't sweat it. Not long term anyway.

probably. i really don't know what to call them.

oh, would anyone know: i'm seriously thinking about going on accutane, and i'm wondering; if these are the only kinds of "scars" i have now, do you think i'll get actual scars (the pitted kind) after my accutane treatment, or do you think they'll just be more of the same discolorations?

probably. i really don't know what to call them.

oh, would anyone know: i'm seriously thinking about going on accutane, and i'm wondering; if these are the only kinds of "scars" i have now, do you think i'll get actual scars (the pitted kind) after my accutane treatment, or do you think they'll just be more of the same discolorations?

Well for some people the apple cidar vinegar has worked wonders.

They have had ice pick scarring and box scars. What they do is they take apple cider vinegar and a toothpick. They use the toothpick to put the apple cidar on the scar over and over again like 5 to 10 times every night for 2 weeks and sleep with it on. U also need to take vitamin c 1000mg with rose hip twice a day to work internally to build collagan. After 2 weeks, they take a 1 week break and then they do another round. After 2 weeks-2 months , some have seen 50 to 75% improvements. It's worth a try and very cheap.