Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
G_G

Great non-irritating shampoos and conditioners

So far the best shampoo and conditioner I've found is the Burt's bees brand. Greatest as in, they're some of the only ones they don't make my skin itch and break out when I use them. Not to mention make my hair SO nice and shiny, better than anything else I've used. I use the color keeper ones.

My back is 97% clear since I've started using it. Sure they are a tad more expensive, but they are definitely worth it.

Anyone know of any other shampoos or conditioners that are skin-friendly to them?

List them here!

I've had great results with Kiehl's....very expensive though.

The Tea Tree Oil shampoo has been really great for my oily roots. I use the Lecithin Conditioning shampoo on my ends. Then I use the Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Conditioner.

I've had no issues with it causing body acne. I used to break out a little on my back when younger, and the best solution for me was putting my hair in a towel after getting out of the shower, and not letting conditoner drip down my back.

I'm not sure about all of the ingredients in these products, but they seem pretty skin friendly overall. The olive oil conditioner has oils that are generally considered non-comedogenic.

Anyway, since I've started using this my hair is drying really nice naturally, soft and shiny, but not weighed-down. My hair can be straight with lots of body and just end up looking like bedhead, but it's drying into soft pretty waves now. So I'm pretty happy with how it is enhancing my natural texture. And my roots have been less oily, so I don't have to wash it as often, which is keeping the ends from drying out also.

Oooh I LOVE Burt's Bees! Definitely more expensive, but totally worth every penny!

My acne no longer feels irritated and has gotten so much better.

I swear, if I ever use a different kind of shampoo with that Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfate junk in it, I break-out like crazy.

Burt's Bees = LOVE.

It makes my long hair so shiny and soft and pretty, too!

Plus, with other shampoos, I've always had to switch my brand every once in a while and use clarifying shampoos because of all the nasty build-up.

But now, I've been using Burt's Bees every day, sometimes twice a day, for a few months and never have to switch!

I have a problem with picking my scalp so I have a lot of sores on it. I try to use soothing shampoos to help with that. The two that I have been using for the last 6 months or so and really like are:

Whole Foods 365 Mint Shampoo (really cheap!)

Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary Mint Tea Tree Shampoo (nice but doesn't suds up a ton since it's SLS free)

My hair always looks the same to me...people say it's soft and shiny but that's probably because it's not chemically treated, I don't blow dry it, etc. I also don't use conditioner at all until my hair gets longer than shoulder length since it tends to be pretty oily all on it's own.

I use Burt's Bees as well. They are more expensive, but I still have my shampoo and conditioner that I bought in late September. I have about a quarter of the shampoo left, and well over half the conditioner left.