Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slothien

I get an oily shine through out the day, what should i do?

So when I use DKR, I get this oily-glowy shine on my face. i know it's due to my face being too dry, so I'm doin all I could to keep mys kin hydrated.

Anyhow, in the mean time, I have to do something about it. I know we're suppose to wash our only face only twice a day which means that's our day/night regimen. So what should I do when I get that oily shine during the day? I mean I can't wash it off since that's like "against the rules" of the "Only wash your face twice a day" So what can i do to hide that glow without having to wash my face?

You can blot it off with oil-blotting sheets or a clean dry napkin. Just press onto the oily areas and lift off. Shine will be gone.

One other option is translucent powder, either pressed or loose. This leaves the skin with a matte appearance.

Hey Brandy, do you know what exactly causes the shine in moisturizers? I've heard it's the ingredients giving them the SPF, but Cetaphil w/o SPF gives me an oily look as well. Not that I mind, I mean, teenagers are oily things right :lol:

Hey Brandy, do you know what exactly causes the shine in moisturizers? I've heard it's the ingredients giving them the SPF, but Cetaphil w/o SPF gives me an oily look as well. Not that I mind, I mean, teenagers are oily things right :lol:

I think it can be any number of things that creates the shine. SPF ingredients are a biggie, as are any oils. I've also noticed that lotions with petrolatum aren't initially shiny when out of the bottle, but once they are warmed on my face they become shiny. Combined with facial oils, it makes for a common problem.

Like what Brandy said, there are oil-blotting sheets.

I like the Clean & Clear ones. They soak up the oil, but leave your make-up (if you wear any) intact.

i love live with it ! lol

I feel great with having clear skin.

And I feel some kind of good senses when i have a little shiny face. lol