Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jake69

Mino wore off... Will other Antibiotics work for me?

Well I was on minocycline for about a year and it was just great, perfect skin, absolutely no breakouts. Well about last month I noticed some pimples forming, here and there, didn't bother me at all. It got a little worse and my doctor gave me Benzaclin. I've been on it for about a month and I gotta say its made everything as bad as it was a year ago, 10+ active pimples all over my cheeks. im still taking my mino pills hoping it'll work but it sure doesn't seem like it. My question is, are there any other antibiotics that will work? Or will the minocycline tolerance affect them too? I'm going to my doctor in 8 days, shes not the smartest honestly, and sometimes I have to bring up medication before she realizes it'd be a good idea. Thanks.

Ive only used minocycline, but from what i read as soon as u become immune to one antibiotics u can just move to the next. Youll probably try doxycycline next and it should work...

Ive only used minocycline, but from what i read as soon as u become immune to one antibiotics u can just move to the next. Youll probably try doxycycline next and it should work...

Thanks alot.