Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lifesux

Question...

I have never in my life had a problem wtih back acne or chest acne. However, once I started taking Yasmin... my back and chest are breaking out a little. Will this ever stop? It started about 2 weeks after I started Yasmin and I'm in my 4th month. My face seems to be clearing up though...

Hi!

I can't answer your post precisely, but I know how frustrating it is when no-one replies...

Basically when you start the pill your body is having to adjust to the change in hormone level, and this can affect people in many, individual ways. I see no reason why the breakouts on your body wouldn't stop, especially if your face is clearing. Give your body a bit of time to get used to it and hopefully the problem will reduce itself. If it doesn't, I would go back to your doctor, or derm (whoever you see) and ask for advice and maybe a cream to put on it or something. I guess you could also try some of those body washes that are designed for acne.

Another thing to consider is whether you have recently started using a different bodywash/cream/moisturiser etc... as this could in effect also be a cause. In the mean time try and wear loose preferably cotton tops/shirts and try to avoid any heavy hair products or body sprays that could rub off onto your back and chest.

Sorry I can't be of more help. As I said, give it a bit of time, and if necessary ask for some treatment for it. There's no reason why it would be there forever.

xx