Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smc0617

nutrition professions

i'm thinking of taking some courses to become a nutritionist. i was curious if anyone out there is in school and could give me some tips on the profession? routes to go? different kinds of jobs you could work at? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Could be anywhere from having your own practice, to working in clinical nutrition in a hospital, or by doing research (which I find intriguing). You'd definitely want to work on becoming Registered or Certified I think it is, but I think having the credits in Nutrition/Dietetics is also very important. Most schools offer Nutrition so that would be feasible. Salary isn't too much, but it varies. I believe last time I checked it was anywhere from 20,000 - 80,000 depending on what you do. Maybe not as high as 80 either, or maybe more. Yeah, btw I'm not one lol.

i'm thinking about it...i really don't want to go back to school full time so i might just start by taking a course or two to see if it's something i'm really interested in.

Start using "dietitian". "Nutritionist" has no legal value.

The average salary, from the top of my head is $45,000.

Start using "dietitian". "Nutritionist" has no legal value.

The average salary, from the top of my head is $45,000.

hi smc0617

i am a nutritionnist. I live in NB canada, here to use the name dietitian you must pay for the membership in their association.

I have a degree in nutrition, (4 year university course) but since i didnt want to work in a hospital, i didnt bother doing the internship required to be a member in the association.

Different jobs would include working in a hospital, being in charge of a cafeteria ( in a large establishment, like in a hospital or retirement home..), doing guided tour and demonstrations in a super market, being a sales rep for some big food company and more...

Personnaly I do private consultations and i own a health food store.

In my case, i found my course a bit disapointing because it was too focused on the canadian food guide. They didn't care for natural products at all like herbal remedies or organic food. But once you graduate, you can find that information yourself.