Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

today is my 2nd day of accutane, well technically my first, because i took the first tablet last night after my meal

ok so im on 20mg a day 10x morning & 10x night.

ill be blogging my process, with my side effects and personal evaluation on skin

and overall health and wellbeing :)

-------------------------------------------------------

firstly i dont have cyst acne or severe acne, i have mild to nearly moderate acne

i have just blackhead on my nose

and break out around the lower T-zone on face, bottom checks, jawline and occasionaly the chin, usualy i have about 10 pimples.

it has taken me 8 months with arguments and persuasion

to allow my dermatologists and doctor to prescribe me accutane, as they

consider me to be no where neer the recommended severity to use it.

but being an actor and model my skin means the most to me, its alright on set

when you have makeup artists to hide it all and lighting techniques but when

your seen in public your reputation beings to slide, and i cannot have this.

i have always been image obsessed with having laxer eye correction,

my teeth whitened, skin resurfacing, blue & red photo therapy, and i use solarium's to maintain a healthy tanned glow. as well as adding additional blond highlights to my already blond hair.

--------------------------------------------------------

so let me start i have been using my regim for 2 years to control

my moderate acne, and my dermatologists said if im willing to use it

whilst under accutane thats fine, but if sever dryness or irritation occurs to stop, but it has always worked a charm so im not going to stop it now :)

(so my regimen is done over 2 days, 1 one day 1 the next then repeated to prevent

dryness and allow skin to heal with natural products and others)

Morning 1

Benzyol Peroxide 2.5% Face Wash

Natural Skin Refining Toner (non-alcoholic/drying)

Benzyol Peroxide 2.5% After Lotion

Oil Free Moisturizer with Lanolin + SPF15

Intense Vitamin E Creme With Lanolin

(throughout the day if feeling dry)

Multivitamin & Mineral Lip Lotion (B5,C, E + Aloe Vera)

(when needed)

Night 1

Benzyol Peroxide 2.5% Face Wash

Natural Skin Refining Toner (non-alcoholic/drying)

Benzyol Peroxide 2.5% After Lotion

Oil Free Moisturizer with Lanolin + SPF15

Morning 2

Natural Peach Wash With Sea Minerals (wash on and let sit for 2 mins)

Benzyol Peroxide 2.5% lotion

(throughout the day if feeling dry)

Multivitamin & Mineral Lip Lotion (B5,C, E + Aloe Vera)

(when needed)

Night 2

Natural Peach Wash With Sea Minerals (wash on and let sit for 2 mins)

Benzyol Peroxide 2.5% lotion

1 x a week

China Clay Mud Mask

With Sulfur and Natural Antioxidants

(5-10mins on skin - rinse with lukewarm water)

so its day 2 now, i dont feel any differences, my acne hasn't begun to

worsen nor has it gone red, dry or flakish, this is probably because im such

a low dosage :)

more tomorrow :) & the next day and the next.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

goodluck to you!!! i started last night too! im taking 40 mg once a day...seems like a lot cuz i dont really have bad acne either...oh well im just listening to my derm.

ive noticed that i just dont feel like "myself" today...a little cloudy...maybe im just convincing myself? who knows...best of luck to you!

good luck to you too :) i'd love to start on a higher dosage but im stuck to 20mg a day!

yeah derms are the best :)

maybe its just the drug kicking in, or perhaps because you've read about all of the

side effects as soon as you feel tired you think its the accutane :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ok so today is day 3 i woke up this morning very late, in fact i woke up at mid day which is highly unusual for me, it may just because ive been on set longer or accutane starting to effect me, who knows, i also woke up with dryer lips, nothing to dramatic this could also be the weather as it has been a little bit windy these past few days. but its nothing i cant handle, my skin is starting to look better i think, i know your probably like day 3? how can it, but my pimples seem to be fading, and the redness isn't so distinct. so thats a bonus! so i haven't hit the "worse before it gets better" stage yet, hopefully i don't get that in the next 5 days as i have a very busy week ahead.

overall i feel the same, not tired, no pain, no dryness and i feel like i don't have to tone my skin complexion today with a tinted moisturizer because the redness is fine :) so happy

:dance:

day 4 here i'am :) i just took my 2nd tablet today with my dinner about 30minutes ago.

today i woke up full of energy which was a surprise as every one is posting that they feel tired and lethargic about this time and further more into the treatment, so here i am being the odd one once again who's acne hasn'tworsened nor am i tiredand i still don't have dry skinnot that im complaining or anything :wiggle: because i dont want to be tierd and have worse acne and dry skin. my acne has gotten alot better over just 4 days which is amazing, i hope it continues to get better and better, I GOT MY FIST COMPLIMENT TODAY :) (especially being by this hot girl i like from work) which was a bonus! as i decided to apply a fake tan last night to my face to hide the slight redness which when i woke up this morning looked as if ive got not acne or redness because the brown covers blemishes and redness

"ryan your skin looks amazing! what are you using??"

(ashamingly i tried to act cool around her so i replied)

"uhh nothing, you know been hittin' the beach with my mates, must just be

the natural salt in the water""

so i lied a little, i didnt want to scare her and be like im on accutane

and have this full mad long regimen, she would think, OK FREAK!?! hahaha

so im feeling really good today, 1 because i have clear skin and am brown :)

and 2 that im working with her tomorrow so i might ask her to have lunch with me.

well thats about all :) oh and btw my dry lips went away over night.

which i wasn't expecting as i thought it was the side effects kicking in. but mustn't be

thankss for reading :)

sorry guys that i left day 5 out, there were no significant changes from day 4 to 5. i just have been very busy. also i thought i might update yous letting you know i purchased the beauty skin Phototheraphy Red and Blue Light Machine thingyo. it was $400AU with 90 day money back guarantee so i thought, what the hell? why not!?

hey sorry that i left day 5 out yesterday, i just didnt see any significant changes from day 4 to 5, nor do i see any changes up to today either (day 6) ive just been super busy researching blue and red light therapy, because i had it done through a derm but i only used it once a week for like 8 weeks, but i found alot of forums and clinical studies which recommend 2x daily at 15-30minitue intivals for 70-90% reduction in acne over just 12weeks, so i thought to myself, okay my derm did it once a week for 8 weeks, 1 which was not very frequent and 2 only 8 weeks, where every other study says minimum 2x daily and 12weeks for very stubborn acne so i decided to give it a shot. i purchased it yesterday and used it for the first time last night, i decided to do 30minitues in one go :) to maximize results, it feels a little warmer then when done by a derm, but thats probably because i sat 4 inches away instead of the recommended 6-9 inches away. so it was pretty boring so i paused in between and got my ipod to kill some time.

it felt the same after the time was up, i looked the same, but nothing works that fast, right?

so i awoke today (day 6 of my accutane log) nad my skin is smoother, bumps are dramatically minimized im not sure if its day 6 of accutane or the light but its so nice and smooth :) i love touching my face, although i know i shouldn't as bacteria and oil can transfer from my hand to my face. i wont be recording the log of the beautyskin light here because its irrelevant but has anyone noticed a reduction in acne whilst using it and also being on accutane, i hope its not harmful in any way, it isnt drying and it doesn't hurt and doesn't make me red, so i guess its safe :) but back on track to day 6 of accutane its so good almost a week now skin is nice and perfect i feel im beginning to look a little paler because ive been avoiding the sun and fake tanning where as usually id be out in the sun for and hour a day tanning. swimming and relaxing. but i dont wanna take the chance of my skin peeling or drying because its still nice and smooth and not oily

QUITTING MY TANE LONG

AS NO ONE BOTHERS TO READ IT

SO WHY SHOULD I WASTE MY TIME WRITING SOMEHTING

PEOPLE DONT READ .

GOODBYE ACNE.ORG

IM GOING TO GO HUDDLE UP IN MY CORNER N DIE

QUITTING MY TANE LONG

AS NO ONE BOTHERS TO READ IT

SO WHY SHOULD I WASTE MY TIME WRITING SOMEHTING

PEOPLE DONT READ .

GOODBYE ACNE.ORG

IM GOING TO GO HUDDLE UP IN MY CORNER N DIE

Awww....don't be like that. I just started Accutane (Sotret) yesterday morning and I've been reading through everyone's threads so far.

I would start one myself, but I really don't have the patience and time with all of the college/work going on in my life.

Already saw an improvement in my skin though....I'm beginning to think Accutane just might be a miracle drug, if this continues.

BTW, I'm 19.5 and have face/chest/back acne. I've been dealing with this crap since the 8th grade.

thanks guys! for being supportive but i have so much

to worry about on set at the moment, and especially

the beginning of a new year, with many opportunities to come

i just dont see the need, maybe its just all the stress from work

and accutane

and i just want results fast and someone to talk to.

but i can see improvements dramatically today i have only 2 pimples

on on my chin

and one on my forhead(which is hidden by hair)

lol

but yeah