Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I started breaking out pretty mildly on my back and chest. My derm prescribed this Zaclir wash which is 8% BP. I don't really like it because it doesn't lather well. Has anyone had success with this wash or would it be a waste of time?

i've never heard of it. it has a pretty high % of bp so it must be pretty drying. are you moisturzing too?

i started breaking out on my back too and a little on my chest. my dr put me on an antibiotic minocycline and i wash my back and chest 2 times a day and apply retin-a at night. it looks a lot better. i've been doing this religiously for about 2 months and it looks pretty good. but not 100% clear yet.

i would give this some time. it usually takes a few weeks to start noticing any difference. you might break out a little more and then start clearing up. keep me posted on progress.

Thanks for the reply.

Well I only used it about five times about a month and half ago. It was drying on certain parts of my skin but not all. I've read on the boards that washes don't do much so I stopped but some people have success so I'm confused! I am thinking about using an SA or BP gel instead.