Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brion1234

Silicone Filler Effects

Hello...

I had a bunch of large scars on my face and I got them filled in with silicone (silikon). My question is, has anyone heard of the silicone leaving a permanent shiny odd appearance to the skin that is above it? Because now I do not have indentations where the scars were, but I have very odd shiny spots where it was injected!

Hello...

I had a bunch of large scars on my face and I got them filled in with silicone (silikon). My question is, has anyone heard of the silicone leaving a permanent shiny odd appearance to the skin that is above it? Because now I do not have indentations where the scars were, but I have very odd shiny spots where it was injected!

Often scar tissue itself will look shiny. The silicone just elevated that scar tissue up so it is more visible now.

Hello...

It has happen to me too, I had 4 rounds of silicone oil injected 2 years ago and I keep geting

light shiny marks around the scars(not where is was injected but on the normal skin around the scars)

I´am going to try microdermabrasion to see if I can get it away...

let me know if the microderm helps. I doubt it will as I have been doing light peels and all sorts of stuff to try to get the shiny appearance to diminish but it just won't. I am wondering if a small amount of antibiotics injected into the area would fix it. Kind of an odd solution, but for some reason I think it would work.

Hello...

Often scar tissue itself will look shiny. The silicone just elevated that scar tissue up so it is more visible now.

I know exactly what you mean here. Even though the scars elevate, the "imprint" or scar tissue that causes the shadowing never goes away. I can't even decide if the silicone made it all look better or worse?? The moon crater scars still look DEEP in lighting.