Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Strange thing happened when I was cutting an apple..

Usually we buy apples from our regular supermarket.. but the other day, we got apples from Walmart instead.....

Tonight, while I was cutting one of the apples..... something weird happened-- A pink colored water was dripping onto the counter after each cut.

This makes me paranoid that Walmart puts red dye on their apples or something to make them redder O_O

Needless to say.. I ate it anyways (didn't taste that good either), but do you think the pink looking water just came naturally from the apple or could it be possible that some kind of dye was used? :unsure:

I've never had that happen before. But earlier I was slicing off bruised parts of an apple, and the blade grazed the skin and some clear stuff came off. I scraped off some more and it turns out it was just wax. Ewww.

That's never happened to me.. and I'm quite thankful it hasn't.. I'd probably never buy apples from walmart again. :sick:

Usually we buy apples from our regular supermarket.. but the other day, we got apples from Walmart instead.....

Tonight, while I was cutting one of the apples..... something weird happened-- A pink colored water was dripping onto the counter after each cut.

This makes me paranoid that Walmart puts red dye on their apples or something to make them redder O_O

Needless to say.. I ate it anyways (didn't taste that good either), but do you think the pink looking water just came naturally from the apple or could it be possible that some kind of dye was used? :unsure:

Is Walmart kind of like Target/Kmart (in Australia)? Or is it more of a Safeway/Coles style supermarket?

Regardless, supermarket apples are always terrible, I can't believe they get away with selling that crap. I buy my fruit from the local market.

^Yeah Walmart is like a Target/Kmart....... and they've been known to not have the best food :unsure: For example, they inject their meat with some substance to make it look fresher. :X

And don't get me started about their bakery food.... I tried eating a cinnamon bun from there one time and it was literally all hard and the frosting smelled like rotten cream cheese and cat piss.

Regarding this topic. My brother had a green supermarket apple today. It looked fine on the outside but when he had eaten about half he suddenly stopped and looked at me.

- What the hell is this? There is a hole here... He said while showing me the apple.

- Yepp. And the colored stuff inside is mold. You could get sick from that you know.

Then he went to the bathroom to puke.

True story.

^Yeah Walmart is like a Target/Kmart....... and they've been known to not have the best food :unsure: For example, they inject their meat with some substance to make it look fresher. :X

And don't get me started about their bakery food.... I tried eating a cinnamon bun from there one time and it was literally all hard and the frosting smelled like rotten cream cheese and cat piss.

a long time ago, I was in McDonalds and ordered a chicken sandwich. The lettuce was bright grass green. But not like natural grass green, more like astro-turf green. Like food coloring green. I was disturbed.

"Regarding this topic. My brother had a green supermarket apple today. It looked fine on the outside but when he had eaten about half he suddenly stopped and looked at me.

- What the hell is this? There is a hole here... He said while showing me the apple.

- Yepp. And the colored stuff inside is mold. You could get sick from that you know.

Then he went to the bathroom to puke.

True story.

Weird. I stay from supermarkets and any big chain places. All the fruit looks like it's made of wax and oddly glossy. Freaks me out.

I try to go to farmer's markets and fruit markets when I can. The fruits and veggies look and taste more "real" if that makes sense.

'

That's happened to me before too, Mandy. With apples from Wal-Mart. I know some grocery stores use food-grade waxes on the outside to make them appear shiny, and I'm pretty sure they put dye on them as well, especially the one's that are supposed to be a nice dark red, like the Red Delicious one's.

I now only buy the Gala or Jonathan apples, since they aren't a dark color anyway, and I've never seen that dye inside them.

Yoooo mandy andy

I think the pink stuff is normal... I eat apples a lot and usually just cut them up as I'm eating, and i aways see pink juice. I think its just a mix of color from the red skin and juice from the apple. (think about it... if you ground up spinich, there would be green juice)

At least i hope its natural and hasn't been dyes this whole time :\