Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taintedl0ve

Does anyone do the "No Poo" method?

I found a good conditioner that I wanna start with = "VO5 Lavender Luster Conditioner"

I just have a few questions ..

1) Will this work for semi-curly/wavy hair? My hair isn't straight .. but its not curly-curly. Its inbetween.

2) My hair is really oily .. especially the roots. And I wash my hair everyday because of it. Will this method help make my hair NOT so oily?

3) How do I wean myself into using no shampoo? And then how many times a week do I just wash with conditioner?

I'm a little confused! LOL

Any tips/tricks to help me out?

I found a good conditioner that I wanna start with = "VO5 Lavender Luster Conditioner"

I just have a few questions ..

1) Will this work for semi-curly/wavy hair? My hair isn't straight .. but its not curly-curly. Its inbetween.

2) My hair is really oily .. especially the roots. And I wash my hair everyday because of it. Will this method help make my hair NOT so oily?

3) How do I wean myself into using no shampoo? And then how many times a week do I just wash with conditioner?

I'm a little confused! LOL

Any tips/tricks to help me out?

I have done this off and on.

Have you gone to NaturallyCurly, there is a great forum there and more info than you know what to with.

I have pretty thick, long wavy hair that gets oily.

I don't wash everyday, if I wash everyday I get much more oily and I get dandruff too - crazy!

My problem is that I have fine hair, just lots of it, so it tangles really easily.

I did the no poo/low poo for a while and went curl friendly and my hair was much more wavy, I admit. But, I missed the shine and it tangled a lot, so I go back and forth.

If you wear your hair pulled up a lot (like I do :() then it gets more oily at the crown because the oil can't work its way down the hair shaft naturally - this also contributes to dry ends. You can pull it back but in a low pony tail and you will have a bit less of this, but free hair is the best; not that I can tolerate that most of the time with my wild mane - I need a haircut!

Good luck! It is worth a try, what can you lose?

I have done this off and on.

Have you gone to NaturallyCurly, there is a great forum there and more info than you know what to with.

I have pretty thick, long wavy hair that gets oily.

I don't wash everyday, if I wash everyday I get much more oily and I get dandruff too - crazy!

My problem is that I have fine hair, just lots of it, so it tangles really easily.

I did the no poo/low poo for a while and went curl friendly and my hair was much more wavy, I admit. But, I missed the shine and it tangled a lot, so I go back and forth.

If you wear your hair pulled up a lot (like I do :() then it gets more oily at the crown because the oil can't work its way down the hair shaft naturally - this also contributes to dry ends. You can pull it back but in a low pony tail and you will have a bit less of this, but free hair is the best; not that I can tolerate that most of the time with my wild mane - I need a haircut!

Good luck! It is worth a try, what can you lose?

I've tried to the no poo method for about a week, and just couldn't continue because I couldn't shake the feeling that my hair is dirty and greasy. Maybe it's psychological, but I just couldn't do it. So instead I shampoo my hair every other day and deep condition every time. Seems to work for me.

I've been doing it a long time. VO5 Silky Experience in Lavender is still my favorite.

For anyone who can't stand the idea of skipping shampoo, I heard someone once say (a long hair gal) that sometimes they do:

conditioner

shampoo

conditioner again

Less drying for those who still can't give up shampoo entirely.

And LM_06 has the gorgeous hair to prove the efficacy of the no-poo method. :) (Sorry, haven't seen pics that I remember of the rest of you, so cannot comment on the beauty of your hair.)

I've tried to the no poo method for about a week, and just couldn't continue because I couldn't shake the feeling that my hair is dirty and greasy.