Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HopeItClears

BP allergic reaction

Hi,

I been on the Regimen for about a week now. I am happy about the results. My acne bumps have flattened out and only a few breakouts here and there. But I have a question. My skin is taking the BP treatment well but for some reason I think my girlfriend is allergic to it. Since I live with her, there is a lot of human contact. In the mornings I clean and apply BP and use Cetaphil moisturizer (for some reason my face doesn't seem oily but kinda a tacky...is that normal?)... About my girlfriend, ever since I started the regimen, her skin became sensitive I think from either the moisturizer or the BP. Not sure which on it is. But Seems like the areas on her face that come in contact to mine develops a small rash or some redness. I don't want to stop the regimen because its seems like I'm on a roll. But it bothers my girlfriend. Is this normal for someone to be allergic or sensitive to products from just physical contact? Please help thanks!

The percentage of people allergic to bp is small, like 3%, but it can happen. And contact dermatitis is possible (which sounds to me like what your girlfriend is experiencing by coming into contact with your bp-treated skin).

I don't know how you're going to get around this, especially since you will be using bp on your face day and night. That's a tough situation.

The percentage of people allergic to bp is small, like 3%, but it can happen. And contact dermatitis is possible (which sounds to me like what your girlfriend is experiencing by coming into contact with your bp-treated skin).

I don't know how you're going to get around this, especially since you will be using bp on your face day and night. That's a tough situation.

Thanks for the heads up Brandy!