Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(eLLe)

how to make my makeup look even?

so i'm using edm and i love its coverage and how it's not irritating my skin. my problem is the finish. i have large pores and it's hard creating an airbrushed finished (like with liquids). i've tried a silicone primer, but it doesn't help that much. so how do i make the foundation finish even?

should i add a finisher powder?

hmmmm..... it could be the way you're applying it, or the method in which you're applying it. the only problem i had with mineral foundation was in conjunction with a concealer. i would start out with concealer, then foundation, then concealer again. depending on the color of the concealer and the amount i put on, it would be blotching on the areas i would try to conceal.

i don't know if this helps you at all, but i would consider maybe putting a couple light layers of foundation on, then going back over the areas you need more coverage with a light hand. setting it with finishing powder will keep everything in place.

hope that helps!

thanks lulu!! :)

it's not the coverage or blotching i have problems with. it just seems my skin doesn't seem very smooth and the finish is very coarse.

I like to use a finishing powder first. I would've recommended EM's pure silk dust, but it sucks now with that new ingredient. Someone put a link to another brand that makes a pure silk dust. You might look for one somewhere else, as pure silk dust is really nice & smooth.

I probably will be looking for one too, as I have large pores and find it to help a lot.

I'm not sure how well EM's balancing finishing dust works.

Application helps too....a flat top brush works best for me, and sweeping the last layer over instead of buffing.

Mine used to look rough until I started applying my makeup before my moisturizer completely dries. Here's what I do

Apply moisturizer of aloe vera gel and olive oil (about 5 drops. You can use Jojoba but I'm allergic like hell). Let sit for about 5 mins.

Dip brush into a small (3 drops max) tray of clean olive oil and then swirl around the cap of the EDM concealer pot. A little goes a LONG way. This is my secret for very dry eyes and those zits that always get crispy when they heal. I dot that where ever I need to but mainly around my eyes and mouth.

Do something else for a minute or so to let things set (I get up and change a cd or get something to drink)

Use your overall powders next as normal. Personally I have severely pale skin and EDM does not make a shade light enough for me, so I use their light pink facial powder as my foundation. This works great for me because I found out that ANYTHING with pigment makes me breakout, makeup and lotion included.

That's it. Good luck.