Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

What's the reasoning behind psyllium husks working?

My back was entirely covered in spots and i've had cysts surgically removed. My back has been this way for about ten years and only in recent times has it cleared to 100%. Blackheads used to be on my nose and my whole face used to be a permanent tomatoe red colour. My chin used to break out in multiple tiny whiteheads after a high sugar chocolate bar or soft drink. It's all a thing of the past now as long as I can keep getting this pgx stuff sent to me in the mail. I'm onto my 3rd or 4th bottle now.

5-10 minutes before a meal, on an empty stomach. Take 2-4 pills before the meal, and you MUST drink 4oz water per pill.

I'm really glad that this has worked out for you Chrisaus!

"Hey Chrisaus, how much do you take and do you take it 10-20 minutes before your meals or what?

Thanks! "

I take the recommended dosage which is 4 caps either with or 15 mins before a meal. Timing isn't crucial but it has to be either before or during a meal. What I mean by that is you can't take 4 caps 2 hours before a meal and expect it to curb the insulin spike. Relax it's gonna work for you trust me.

I take the recommended dosage which is 4 caps either with or 15 mins before a meal. Timing isn't crucial but it has to be either before or during a meal. What I mean by that is you can't take 4 caps 2 hours before a meal and expect it to curb the insulin spike. Relax it's gonna work for you trust me.

so basically i would take pgx 15 minutes before i eat any "junk"

but whenever i eat something healthy i would not take it because it will prevent me from absorbing any nutrients correct?

that's exactly right.

It curbs the insulin spikes on the cheat foods like grains etc. It's still a good idea to avoid dairy all together though.

I don't eat junk food but I still drink milk and eat cheese... bcause I want to gain weight and get the fat/protein from them, also I eat veggies and meat.. I don't want fiber to interfere with my nutrients absorbtion.. would be fine if I just drink it hours after or bfore the meal? so I get the nutrients?

I don't eat junk food but I still drink milk and eat cheese... bcause I want to gain weight and get the fat/protein from them, also I eat veggies and meat.. I don't want fiber to interfere with my nutrients absorbtion.. would be fine if I just drink it hours after or bfore the meal? so I get the nutrients?

actually, your liver does dump waste it cannot handle into the intestines, and therefore if your intestines are not functioning, your skin will take over, very well said.

PGX - A Revolutionary Fiber Complex

slows glucose absorption

im not to sure this is the exact scientific mechanism which it controls glucose levels, but its doing what its supposed to do for you, then it doesnt matter.

i remember reading that it may have something to with how the bacteria can ferment the fiber to create short chain fatty acids that are absorbed through the intestine, then influence the release or actions of insulin from the pancreas.

also, the muscles on the intestinal wall are reactive to sfca's from bacterial fermentation of soluble dietary fiber, this will increase peristaltic actions leading to greater regularity.

also, for regularity try 750 mg of vitamin C and a stalk of celery with as much of that stringy stuff removed as possible. along with getting enough potassium and all teh other vitamins and minerals in your diet of course.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

I know this thread is old, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a rundown of PGX, or Glucomannan, vs. Psyllium Husks. Thanks!